VideoPad freezes while exporting video

WEKurtz

Not sure if this will help any of you but I've had the same problem and the solution for me was finding the point in the video where it kept freezing and then deleting or changing some of the effects at that point in the video. The slow motion effect for example always made my video stop rendering once it got to that efect.

This has been happening to me too! I have a 15 min holiday film using HD 1080p video files and it crashes at around 7% whether it be as a file or trying to burn to DVD. I think my PC may have something to do with as it was struggling when I was uploading the video files into the programme.

What is the recommended spec for a PC when working with VideoPad and HD footage? My PC is quite old, only 1GB RAM and a 3.06Ghz Celeron CPU. I have all the vid files kept on a 1TB external drive rather than on the PC though. But the programme still crashes.

I am having the same problem with the latest version of Videopad. This never happened before i upgraded to the latest version. Mine freezes but not necessarily in the same spot during mp4 creation. Any ideas???

What's the spec of your PC, is it more powerful than mine (see 5th post above)?

• 3 weeks later...

Darn, I have the same problem with my video. It was stuck at 95%, but I followed PaulX's advice and it got all the way to 99%, then stuck again. And no amount of splicing the video or changing effects seems to help it finish :/

Edit: Turns out, with enough splicing and transitions, I was able to get past the stuck point.

For folks like PaulX, I've had the same problem but only with slow motion clips .When the render reaches a slow motion clip, it quits. My work around is to do the slow motion effect to the individual clip(s) first (before doing any final edit), and rendering that as a new clip. Then the new clip(s) can be added to the time line during the final edit and the video will render out fine. No guarantees, but it works for me.

For folks like PaulX, I've had the same problem but only with slow motion clips .When the render reaches a slow motion clip, it quits. My work around is to do the slow motion effect to the individual clip(s) first (before doing any final edit), and rendering that as a new clip. Then the new clip(s) can be added to the time line during the final edit and the video will render out fine. No guarantees, but it works for me.

Oy, I should've thought of that. Thanks for the idea. I had a similar problem with a set of slow motion clips. Though when I got the export to work, the video was blacked out (as it was in the preview, but I was hoping the export would work better than preview) -- See my other thread, hopefully it can be fixed in the next version so someone else doesn't hit the same problem: http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/20643-preview-going-black/

• 3 months later...

I bought the software and installed it. When I am exporting the project to any format, it will "convert" until it gets down to 99%. Once it gets to this point, the software hangs up and will not complete the video. I have even left it at 99% overnight (six hours) and it does not finish the export. I have uninstalled the software, checked all my drivers, and reinstalled the software. I have bought a license (still will not work). I am running Windows 8.1. Any help?

• 4 months later...

I got the same problem, but at 97% and only 3 seconds left...... forever! I tried to call and email but nobody responded. It seems that we should pay for support as bugs are embedded inside the software. Very distressing as we tried so many hours on editing and cannot finished. Will look for a reputable brand.

• 4 years later...

Hi,

Thanks to PaulX for good help. i played with tracks and i found the problem. for me, every text layers and .png layers were the problem. i deleted all of those so export worked correctly. but i used another software to put texts on my video. just wanted to say my way here. hope it works for you guys.

sry for bad english.

peace

• 1 year later...

You have tacked onto an old thread.  Best to start a new one with a descriptive subject and specifics in the body.

What version of VP is being used?  Is it freezing on preview or upon export?  What is the resolution and format of the source file/s?

What version of VP is being used?

VP is always under improvement, and bugs are quickly addressed.  Install the latest version and see if it doesn't remedy your issue.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Hi  HappyLife

Version 8.23. 

It seems that if you reverse a normal speed clip (100%) clip it previews OK but the export stops at 99.5% 

Also changing the speed to 50% and reversing the export stops it at 49.5%  (Hmmmm 1/2 -_-)

Not only that as if you a change of speed to a reversed clip the export shows a still frame for the duration of the speed change.(or part of it.)

Also, changing speed to 200% and then reversing shows a black window (not 16:9 )for Sequence Preview.

I have reported this . The latest version may have been fixed.

Nat

Gidday there. NationalSolo's post [re reversed clip] was right on, at least for my problem. Editing 4k drone footage and EXPORT RENDER stopped every time at a certain spot and that was where i had reversed a clip. Edited it back to how it was shot and problem solved. Also, the 4k editing work flow seems to work better than 2.7k!! Almost no buffering in the preview window.

My system specs below.

i7-4790

GTX 660 2 GIG

32 gig DDR5 ram

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Thanks a heap, NS. 

• borate changed the title to VideoPad freezes while exporting video