Debut Frame Rate

oddsbodkins

(Here's the letter I was going to send to tech support till they wanted me to pay for it :P I got this software cause it was freeware, so I just copied it)

My question is with frame rate.

When I first downloaded this software and used it, I was amazed at the small program size, small output file size, but still the amazing quality I got with a high frame rate, it averaged at about 28fps.

However, lately when I've been using the program I've been getting dreadfully poor frame rate 12fps or less usually.

I have not installed anything new, nothing is running at the same time as Debut, I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I've tried all different setting and options within the program itself. I have no idea what to do or try next.

Can you help?

Thanks, Jason

- Also guys, I've used CamStudio had some major synch problems and I don't think a 10 minute video should be over 1 gig, as has been the norm for what I've been doing. I've tried ZDsoft, and it just crashses on my computer. HyperCam, same problems as CamStudio. Adobe's Captivate just sucked lol. So if able I'd love to keep using this software.

Here's my system specs... from what I can tell

Dell Inspiron 1720

Windows XP Pro

Pentium Dual Core 1.60GHz

1.99gigs of ram

Intell 965 Chipset

Anyway, thanks again for any and all help you can give me. I've got this thing setup so you can email me if you need to ask a bunch of questions.

• 2 months later...

Try running the computer on battery power. It worked for me! I also couldn't figure out what I was doing differently to make the program so slow then my battery was running out of power so I started charging and like magic the frame rate went up! :D

• 2 months later...

Hi, I just installed this software and wanted to record an online streaming video of a tv show from my laptop screen. As soon as I started the software, the streaming slowed down tremendously and basically almost came to a standstill. The software recorded the screen but as I said, the video wasn't moving.the audio was good. Is this a frame issue or something else? I run windows XP with SP2. I love the other software I downloaded from NCH, debut is the only software that does not seem to work 'out of the box'. Thank you, Anne :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
Hi, I just installed this software and wanted to record an online streaming video of a tv show from my laptop screen. As soon as I started the software, the streaming slowed down tremendously and basically almost came to a standstill. The software recorded the screen but as I said, the video wasn't moving.the audio was good. Is this a frame issue or something else? I run windows XP with SP2. I love the other software I downloaded from NCH, debut is the only software that does not seem to work 'out of the box'. Thank you, Anne :(

Hi guys,

if you have a slow processor then this will reduce the framerate a lot.

recording a movie while its being played won't help the framerate either.

Try going into options, clicking the output tab, set the format to avi, then click the Encoder options button. set it to mpeg4 (native), Mp3 (native), and sound to 44100 128 stereo. these are the defaults.

You can also go into the video compression settings and lower the bitrate.

Doing this will make it less intensive for debut to encode the video file, which will increase the framerate.

Screencapture framerate is all about power and compression. less compression and more power = better framerate.

Thankyou