Version 12.33

HelpingSaveHumanity

Hi,

So I updated to 12.33 the other day & since I've had nothing but issues.

I'm using Win 7.

I wasn't having issues with the previous version.

1. It took way too long to export a video which was only 10-15 mins.

I wasn't watching it, but it looked like it rendered twice because it finished the scrollbar & then I saw it go back & do it again.

2. I just loaded a 1 hour video which usually takes around 5 mins. or less to load fully in NCH. It's been around 15 mins. & it is still showing me this. https://imgur.com/b1300zw

Not good.

How do I get back to that previous version that worked?

Thanks

When exporting the export window scrollbar may restart several times;  that's normal.  What is the format of the files in this project?

If you take a few minutes to share the project someone will check it out.  This can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

What version was being used before?  ?  Earlier releases are here.  Ignore any virus warnings.

Different issue, but with my "old" 12.33 things were fine, but when I downloaded the latest "12.33" in order to "fix" some issues, I noticed there was no longer a "Save Project File As" option (i.e., it was grayed out)!  What hoppened??  I did this all the time by creating a basic file and then doing a "Save as" when creating a new video based on my "template"!  (I was able to do a workaround by using "Save Portable Project As", but that involved a lot of moving of files and re-inserting clips that I would think could be avoided with a simple "Save as"...)  Thanks for any help! 

-0-0-

Belay that - I discovered that you could use the "Save as" on the "Save Project" icon on the ribbon, as opposed to the "Menu - File" drop down menu!

Ok, despite that warning, I manage to get the areas I needed cut, so all I can give you now is the finished file & that won't show you anything b/c I don't need to cut it anymore & play works fine.

The file was just a regular MP4.

If this happens again, I'm going to have to downgrade.

Why did you guys put the "recent projects" all the way at the bottom? I almost couldn't find it & thought you removed it :(

"export window scrollbar may restart several times" - ok, that's fine, but it taking that long to export a 15 min. video, that's the issue.

I used to tell others who use other video editing software that takes forever, that NCH was VERY fast both when I would drag a video into NCH & was able to start working on it after it imported fully, & also when exporting, but you guys must have changed something b/c that is no longer the case. :(

Thanks