Issues with Gmail 3rd Party Apps

kbear

My father in-law uses your app Express Invoice Plus.. Recently I saw a warning from gmail that said the following below.

To help keep your account secure, starting May 30, 2022, Google will no longer support the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password.

Is there a fix for this?
My Father in-law loves programs and still wants to use Express Invoice Plus. But still wants to send an invoice by email that he has created using Express Invoice Plus. We enjoy the program and want to continue to do so.

Does he use his laptop/pc/mac for this or is he doing it on  tablet/phone (Android or IOS).

If he doing it on a pc he could use thunderbird email program and express invoice will send the email though it to gmail.

there is a option in the program for it to act as its own mail server to send emails as well. I do the above and have no problems and I know when I added my gmail address it did pop up another windows to do with signing in.

I would use Thunderbird and set Express Invoice to use MAPI (the first option) to send mail. You can also get Express Invoice to send mail for you by using the bottom option "Send directly to the other side (works as own SMTP) if the above fails"

• 2 weeks later...

Having same issue nch doesn't seem to care. Don't even answer mail s.

I can't use thunderbird for some reason and most mail servers won't accept the send directly from nch.

I have to use gmail.

Any one else got a fix

What I have done as a work around is to tell the invoice to print then when the print screen comes up do not select printer select save as pdf as a flie the email invoice as an attachment. 

58 minutes ago, Jens said:

Having same issue nch doesn't seem to care. Don't even answer mail s.

I can't use thunderbird for some reason and most mail servers won't accept the send directly from nch.

I have to use gmail.

Any one else got a fix

What problem are you having when you try and use Thunderbird. you could also try and use windows mail

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue and fixed it. I am still using gmail. You need to create an app specific password. Google will allow you to a device name. I named mine Invoice Express, it then generates a specific password for you to use when you setup smtp email settings. You will use the email address you have and the new password that google generated. Hope this helps everyone.

Since Google has stopped support for using "less secure apps access", it is no longer possible to use the 'regular' account password to connect to Gmail.

Moving forward, you will have to do these following steps:

1. Turn on 2-step verification: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839
2. Create and use App Password: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

Hi mel4489,

I have followed your steps to setup 2-step verification and created a app password in my Gmail account which I have used in the Invoice Express email setup.

Unfortunately I am still receiving the error message "Email authentication username or password not accepted (334)".

Any ideas on what I can try to allow me to send invoices via my Gmail account?

On 6/21/2022 at 7:29 PM, mel4489 said:

I had the same issue and fixed it. I am still using gmail. You need to create an app specific password. Google will allow you to a device name. I named mine Invoice Express, it then generates a specific password for you to use when you setup smtp email settings. You will use the email address you have and the new password that google generated. Hope this helps everyone.

Since Google has stopped support for using "less secure apps access", it is no longer possible to use the 'regular' account password to connect to Gmail.

Moving forward, you will have to do these following steps:

1. Turn on 2-step verification: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839
2. Create and use App Password: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

I set this up and it works.  Thank you for your help.