Adding clips to sequence keeps adding them to Track 2 instead of Track 1

JeremyP1990

I added a short video clip at the beginning of my project, and it went on Track 1 just fine. However, when I want to add pictures to the sequence after that video clip, it always adds them to Track 2 instead of on Track 1. It makes the working space smaller, and it's a pain to have to keep dragging the clips from Track 2 to Track 1. Why won't they just go on Track 1 from the start?

Not seeing that behavior here in the current version.

A short video clip was placed on the timeline, followed by two JPG images.  All landed on track one.  However, text files and PNG images may be placed on track two, as they are transparent and can be keyed over lower tracks.

Instead of using a menu PLACE option, drag the clip from the bin to track one.  It should offer no resistance.

What version is being used?  Try the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Hi

How are you trying to add them? Normally (and simplest) is to right click the image in the clip bin (or a clip) to select it and then select

Place on Sequence/Place on Sequence at End.

This will then put the selected item onto the sequence at the end of Video track 1.

If you are dragging and dropping make sure that the vertical line with the arrows locks onto the end of the Track 1 clip. (The white arrows will disappear when correctly positioned.

zz.jpg

If they overlap behind, your image/clip will go to Track 2.

z.jpg

Also, note the position of the Mouse pointer. If it stays in the overlay zone the image/clip will go to Track 2. but if you drag down a little a grey rectangle behind the thumbnail will reveal the final clip/image position..

zzz.jpg

Nat