Video partially freezing

Perry Matthews

My video's approximately a minute and a half in length, and it has a transition (Fade through white).

When it's in the editor, the video plays fine. When it's been rendered, however, the part with the transition freezes. I've observed this bug in MP4 and AVI formats, and I was wondering if there's a way to work around this little predicament of mine. 

Hi

Fade through white is working normally here with VP 10.24. What version of VP is being used and are you overlapping the transition? If it persists and you can't resolve it then one work around is to pull the clips to a higher track and place a blank white clip beneath the join and then fade-out and fade-in the upper clips. (FX list under fades)........

z.jpg

Nat

At the freezing location, have you reversed the clip?  If so, create that reversal separately - perhaps in a new sequence - export it, then replace your original clip with this new one in the main sequence.  Let us know if this is the answer. 

Tested in several VP versions here it doesn't freeze - it's missing.  Instead of Fade Through White, it simply cuts between the clips.

On Mp4 export, change the frame rate to Variable (Smart Max) 60fps.  On AVI, change it to 29.97 (NTSC) and the result should be better.

Hi

Fade through white works and exports here...:blink:

zz.jpg

"........I'm using the same version, it's 10.24. No transition is overlapping from my knowledge......"

If you are adding a transition between two different video clips  you should normally see a window that asks if you want to overlap the clips or use a still image from each clip as the transition image that fades in or out. The overlapping option shortens the timeline slightly but is smoother. You may the feature inactive in your Option/Editing Try setting it to "Ask Me" so you get the choice.

It's odd that fade out -fade in over a white blank clip doesn't work. That's pretty standard fare. The fade out is for the first clip and is selected using the FX box and choosing that effect. The fade in for the next clip is the same. If you look down the effects list after you have clicked the FX box for the clip you will see the different fade options...

z.jpg

Give it a try with the two clips on track 2 and the white blank on Track 1 The white blank is pulled out to be the same duration as the two fades. as shown in my first post.

Nat

Tested in several VP versions here.  The trans doesn't freeze - it's missing.  Instead of Fade Through White, it simply cuts between the clips.  No clue.

On Mp4 export, change the frame rate to Variable (Smart Max) 60fps.  On AVI, change it to 29.97 (NTSC) and the result should be better.

Hi   "....I did that. It didn't work. ...."

THAT (the alternative) doesn't work either?????? Very odd :blink:

OK...Got to get something for that works for you.......Try the alternative method using the Transparency effect at the end of the first clip and at the start of the second clip. 

Use keyframes to start the transparency change 100 > 0 Opacity around 3 seconds before the end of clip 1 and then 0 -100 Opacity for 3 seconds at the start of the second clip.  

End of clip 1 zz.jpg 

Start ofclip2 zzz.jpg

The timeline should then look a bit like this.. Clip 1 fading out and clip 2 fading in over the white blank....

z.jpg

This doesn't use the fade effect per se and if it doesn't work then there is something seriously wrong. ALL these methods work correctly in my version of VP (10.24) and all export correctly. Both clips are 1080 mp4 clips

Nat