Snapshot Skips Frame I Want

JeremyP1990

Current Version = 10.24

I try to take a snapshot of a certain frame, but instead it gives me a snapshot of something many frames ahead... I tried to work around this by going back a few frames so that it will skip ahead to what I need, but that doesn't work either. Instead, it does what it's supposed to do, and gives me a picture of the current frame. It doesn't work any other time...

I JUST bought this new version, too...

Tested this a number of times and could not replicate your result.  Are you 'snapping' the clip window - or the sequence window?

Upload the project and state the exact cursor timecode where you want the freeze.   image.png

Someone will check it out.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Hi

Checked snapshot action with version 10.24. There are no problems;snapshot is exact frame chosen. I have dual displays setup but that makes no difference.

• Drag timeline cursor to area of frame required.
  • Step through using the <I  or I> until exact frame is seen in Sequence Preview window.
  • Right click Sequence Preview image and Take Snapshot of Sequence.
  • Snapshot is saved and posted to the image clip bin.

Sequence Preview

z.jpg

Snapshot..........

zz.jpg

No problems noted.

Don't inadvertently click the triangle in the centre of the preview pane or the displayed clip might play and a snapshot may be incorrect. This problem hasn't been reported previously.

Nat

Hi

Ooooh!   Dinosaur footprint!!  Campsite got squashed. :)

Seriously though, it's obviously not a snap of a campsite. So, is the position reference for just that specific clip on the timeline? I think you have to bear in mind that 0:06.508 may not be the position of  the required frame as it might possibly include anything previous to that particular clip(Titles/intro/edits etc.) and Borate got just the clip.(Did he?) Just a thought.

Nat

Yeah I meant the timestamp was for the specific clip on the timeline, not the raw video file.

Here's what I'll do: I'll give a new timestamp so that borate can get the snapshot the same way as they did before, just a new timestamp.

I tried the right click sequence method and it still skipped.

-0-0-

Try this timestamp with that same link I sent: 19:02.099

That above picture is what my Videopad keeps skipping to, but it's not what I need... it showed the proper picture when I was seeing the sequence, but this is what it keeps skipping to. Literally the previous shot is what I need but were both coming to this one... I'm sorry. I don't want you to end up wasting too much of your time...

Hi

Are we saying then that the sequence display is not copied correctly to snapshot or that the position of the cursor line isn't on the frame being displayed? (Haven't got the clip so can't play it)

If it is behaving as you say Snapshot relates to what is at the clip position and not the preview display which is odd. The preview display can be enlarged up to virtually full screen and I would have thought that a simple Copy would relate to this. After all this is what you actually are seeing.

Nat

Here both clip and sequence positions are correctly located and displayed.  Taking a snap of either finds the wrong frame.

The original mp4 framerate is 23.976.  When the file is re-encoded to 30fps (AVI), VP correctly identifies the frame that is shown in PV.

Hi

I had a look at this problem with VP 10.24 32 bit. 

The original clip from Borate was a 283 Mb mp4 with a duration of 0:24:18.869

Using this full 24 minute clip the Sequence Preview at  6.508 showed the footprint frame.......

z.jpg

The Snapshot of this Preview frame was correct...

zz.jpg

The snapshot feature here is working correctly. What did you get displayed at this value?

You wanted the campsite frame and you quoted 19:02.099. This produced this Sequence Preview window..

zzz.jpg.

and a snapshot.......

zzzz.jpg

Conclusion here is that again Snapshot is working correctly.

The campsite frame however,(as mentioned and shown in Borate's) is at 19:01.996...(see below) This is one frame previous to the above frame with the tree........

ww.jpg  

The snapshot of this Sequence preview is also correct...

www.jpg

Again conclusion is that nothing seems to be amiss. Except perhaps your frame times.  What appears in the Sequence Preview display is correctly snapped.

Are you certain that you didn't step a frame (or two) forward when you made the snapshot?

Nat