Export misses small clips

imhoffv

Hi,

Can someone help me? I'm quite desperate at this point. I put together a 50 seconds long video with lot of overlays.  I don't know if that's the problem. But after exporting it, if it happens at all, the video misses a lot of small clips which makes it unenjoyable.  I've been uninstalling and installing the program literally all day long.  It was supposed to cheer up a couple of children at the weekend but at this point I'm at my breaking point.

Answer a few questions...   what version of Videopad is being used?  What is the resolution of the bulk of the source files?   What is the export resolution setting?

Someone here will be glad to help if you share.  It's easy to do and usually solves problems quickly.  Just follow these four steps and check back here often...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Locate the saved, numbered FOLDER, NOT the VPJ or export file.  Upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view"  Click COPY LINK | DONE.
  •     Share ---    Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Thank you all! I sort of gave up already and your ansers gave me hope again. I tried to upload the files in a folder to google drive. There are some earlier attempts in it as well.

Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kP3HbABrjmpbG_KHfcxSRKr5VAL4o7cr?usp=sharing

The version number for my Videopad is 8.99. For the second question I'm afraid I'm too inexperienced to be able to answer. As for the export resolution setting, I tried a bunch of different settings, nothing seemed to work for me

Hi

Your download needed a bit of clip resolving as most of the clips files were in separate folders. You sent several vpj files also so I am not sure which one was the correct "version" However,I think some of the glitches may be due  to the use of multiple tracks with the clips requiring Position and Scale effects etc. At least on my PC this makes preview playback very blocky. Try using the Split Screen effect for the overlay images as they are much easier to use for placing the images and clips and VP handles them much better that numerous images being placed individually so to speak.

Have a look at here...

https://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/33816-videopad-split-screen-wont-size-or-position-properly/

There are some hints in one of the posts if you are not sure regarding using Split Screen. At one point (if I resolved the clips for the correct vpj  :)) there are 4-5 tracks with individual images that each have their own Position/Scale values. VP takes time to read all that data which may affect playback and possibly export. A Split screen effect for each image (say a 3 x 3 or 4 x 4 layout) includes all your settings in one effect so IMHO it's more reliable and certainly less prone to glitches. You can of course overlay tracks with different Split screen layouts so images can be different sizes in different places on the screen. Some nice ideas in your project.

Nat

Nat's solid suggestions will help you program your next extravaganza with a minimal # of tracks and effects, which lightens the memory load.

If export freezes or is missing elements, try a lower resolution or file format, such as AVI.  You did not upload "Let It Snow" music.

Happy Holidays to the gang!