Make the playhead (redline) snap onto a cut

Uberprutser

Is there a button I can press to make the play head (vertical redline) snap onto a cut? I don't want to zoom in and position it manually.

Extra question. How can I move all the clips to the right easily, to make some space for another clip. I don't like zooming out and then manually selecting all clips and dragging them to the right. This can be hard when there are a/v items on track 2.

image.png    ||<  to go left

Lock the track/s you don't want affected.

Clips to the right must be selected, or unwanted things will happen.  To do that easily use the standard Windows convention of selecting the first, holding down <shift> and selecting the last.

If clips snap back after they are moved, hold down <alt> while dragging them.

Shift left or right arrow key work fine for positioning the playhead.

But selecting all clips to the right of the playhead can be hard to do. I usually use shift and select everything on track one and then ctrl to add the odd clips on track 2 and audio 2 till everything I want is selected. (grey). There must be a better way :)

Hi

Moving cursor line works fine with both methods.  

To Insert a clip...

• Step cursor line to insert point or join
  • Select clip in the bin and use the option Place on Sequence at Cursor (Ctrl+Shift+Insert) The clip will be inserted at the selected join and everything to the right will be shifted along

Alternative

• Step cursor to the chosen join in the timeline
  • Select clip in the bin and use the option Overlay on Sequence at Cursor
  • Grab the clip on the overlay track and pull it vertically down onto Track 1 The clip will be inserted at the selected join and everything to the right will be shifted along

Nat