"Sound clips processing ... please wait."

Quantum Theurgy

I am having the same problem that was reported back on August 16, 2018, posted by stebbinsd. At that time, the poster wrote, 

I'm moving to export my sequences. However, it just says "sound clips processing ... please wait." The problem is that all my sound clips are working perfectly. Also, VideoPad never actually finishes processing the clips. I can come back an hour later and it will still say "sound clips processing ... please wait."

Less than a month ago, I bought, downloaded and installed VideoPad Professional. The software registration codes were installed on March 26, 2020 6:30 PM. 

I have been working on a video now for two weeks and yesterday morning I attempted to export my video as a mp4. For the last 24 hours I have watched as the "sound clips processing ... please wait" message repeats over and over. 

I have Version 8.20 Professional. I'm running Windows 10, Version 1909 (installed 3/27/2020), 8 GB RAM, 64-bit operating system, on an All-In-One HP Desktop 20-c005la. 

Please help. I have two-weeks of work displayed on my VideoPad screen. I don't want to lose my work. If I am asked to reload the program or update my version, can I do so without losing all the hundreds of hours I have already put into this project? If so, please explain how to protect my work. 

Thanks. 

Yesterday I had the same problem with version 8.34 (beta). First I thought it might be a good idea to clear the cache ( -> start Videopad & do NOT load any project -> go to options -> disk -> Clear Unused Cache Files), but it didn't help. However, maybe it helps for you? I think it's worth a try.

Later I realized that I probably moved or renamed some files and so the project file  (.vpj) didn't work correctly anymore. Though I could load the project without any errors, it always got stuck in "processing sound files". So I loaded the .vpj file into an editor and checked all paths manually. They look like this: "&path=C%3A%5CUsers%5CMyUserName%5Videos%5CThisIsAvideoClip.mp4&" (note that \ is encoded to %5C,  : to %3A and space to %20 ). Before editing, make sure you have a backup of your original .vpj file.

After I found the wrong path and corrected the .vpj file, the "sound processing" problem was gone.

Hi

Always regularly Save  Project As while you work. (at least  do a Save Project) This ensures that you have a .vpj file that will enable you to re-install the project if things don't work out. having done this you can safely reload the program from the original setup.exe file. It's always a good idea to keep the exe file in a dedicated folder.

Nat

If I am asked to reload the program or update my version, can I do so without losing all the hundreds of hours I have already put into this project? If so, please explain how to protect my work.

This is a different issue than stebbinsd's, which was fixed.  He had trouble loading clips.  Rarely, the "processing" message has appeared when loading a lengthy project, but never encountered it or recall seeing it reported during export.

Nat has already advised you on SAVE AS, which will ensure that nothing is lost.  This creates a VPJ control file that tells the program what to do and where to find files;  don't move them.

You can safely update to the latest version.  Retain your license info.

Please share your project, so someone here can check it out.  Issues are usually solved quickly. The process is not difficult, takes only a few minutes and can be private.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Thanks to everyone for all your help! 

I proceeded to the link given above in order to share my project. At Step #1 I read: 

1. Save your project.  Then remove any files from the bins that are not being used in the project (no green check marks), to lighten the load.

When I attempted to cut one of the two files visible in the Video Files Bin, I received the message:

The clip:

April 14 Please Allow.MOV

is currently being used by one or more clips on your sequence, which must be deleted to proceed with this Cut operation. Would you like to do this now?

I assume that the instruction "remove any files from the bins that are not being used in the project (no green check marks), to light the load" means to cut the clips, or am I mistaken?

Also, I have repeatedly SAVED PROJECT AS throughout my editing process. This morning I created the file: Please Allow Project _ Finished _ Backup April 22 5_29AM CDT.vpg  This file is 8.62 KB.

However, as I am a YouTube content creator and I have many videos, I created a special folder: C:\Users\Chris\Dropbox\The New Place Inside\Ep. 8 Please Allow to store all my audio and video files related to this project. This is my 2nd VideoPad Professional Video and I had no problem with the first video I made using the VideoPad editor. Also, for that project, I created a special folder. I had no problem whatsoever exporting the finished product. 

However, with this video, I have experimented with creating three sequences of video and audio, as well as unlinking and deleting the audio from the 3rd sequence and adding a new audio file in its place that I created using Audacity (which I saved as a mp3 file and imported into VideoPad using the Add Files while I had the Sound Files Bin open).  

Please instruct me how to correctly "remove any files from the bins", since it is currently being used by one or more clips in my sequence and if there is anything else I should know before attempting to share my project. 

Thanks for your time and attention in this regard. 

Thanks for the updated info. I truly wish I could tell you about the "three sequences", but I saw that phrase specifically displayed somewhere on the VideoPad program. I have never heard of that term "sequences" before today, and so I definitely saw it displayed somewhere, but exactly where, it is unfortunate, but I do not remember. Definitely, the warning I received stating that the file I was attempting to cut is being used by "one of more clips on your sequence" may have led me to believe that was the correct terminology. 

Specifically, I originally shot two videos. Using VP, I edited the first video, snipping out the middle section, thereby creating two sections. I left the audio as is. 

The second video that I shot, I didn't mess around with, except for snipping a bit off at the end. However, I unlinked the video from the audio, deleted the audio, and added a brand-new audio that I had recorded on Audacity. Then I arrange them so that they were in a sequence of three parts. 

Here is a link that I hope, is the video that I am sharing with you. I was not able to removing the original files from the bin, because VP prompted me that they are in use.  Both video files and the one audio file all have green check marks. So, I didn't want to mess around with them. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xDAYPSaryAXDRiyhSsWhzArk4JQUkW9Y/view?usp=sharing

Again, I want to say I truly appreciate your help.

Thanks. 

Very fine.  Sequence tabs are listed above the timeline and in the bin under the Sequences tab.  A sequence contains all content on the tracks.

Tracks are what you see on the timeline, where the project is built.

Yes, do not delete any clips that have green check marks.

Your link brings up no content.  Remember to SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, which will include all source clips + the VPJ control file.  Then upload that numbered folder, SHARE IT, and link it here.  If it isn't shared, it will request permission for those who want to access it and you will have to grant that permission.  Extra steps.

The project has been fixed, and the audio only "anima talk with waltz" file with no corresponding video has been equalized and substituted in the sequence.  It has a (1) in its name, in the bin.

It is unclear why there was no audio on the intro clip, but there also was no "please wait" message.  One file - "PleaseAllow.mov" - is missing, but you can add it in.

Please update to the latest VP versionThank you for sharing.

Thank you so very much. The problem seems to be what you wrote about in your first paragraph above. You mentioned that there is an "audio only 'anima talk with waltz' file with no corresponding video". 

However, in fact, there is, or at least there was, a corresponding video of about 26 minutes! I think I mentioned to you that this movie was shot as 2 videos. The edited version of the first video now looks fine, but the second video is now completely missing. I still have the original footage I shot with my video camera. 

The second video was one continuous shot I had made of myself walking through a park. Because the video was shaky, I ran it twice through the Stabilize Video feature of VP. This stabilized video file is completely missing from the files you sent me. When I ran the finished edited version of my movie here at home, before attempting to export the finished movie, the stabilized video always appeared and ran. You sent me DSCN6698.MOV which in reality was only a bit of video I removed from the first video. 

How could this approximately 26-minute stabilized video just have disappeared? It seems that you received everything except this stabilized video in the folder I shared with you. Does VP send stabilized videos to some other folder? Do stabilized videos also have a .MOV extension? I can't seem to find this stabilized video anywhere, and I ran it through the stabilizer twice, because after the first stabilization, there was a black border that I removed in the second run of the stabilization. 

I'm at a loss to explain this or to know what to do. It took many hours for the Stabilize Video feature to completely stabilize the video. I wouldn't want to have to do that again. Thank you for any suggestions you might have in this regard. 

I appreciate your time and help in this regard. 

The package that you uploaded contained a single MOV file - about 9:50 - of you on the bench and the woman walking.  There was also a unused WAV with audio that duplicated your intro video.

The 26-minute "anima talk with ending" is an Mp3 and thus contains no video, so that's apparently where things went wrong.  If you locate that stabilized video file it can be added to the video track.

Stabilized videos appear in the bin under the Video tab and on your PC, likely in the Videos folder.  Look for it there.

• 2 weeks later...

More specifics needed.  What version of VP is being used?  What, precisely, are you attempting to do and when do you hear an echo - during recording of an external source, during playback in VP, on an exported file???

• 2 weeks later...

I have read thru this thread but unless I am missing something, I'm not getting the answer.

(VP 8.23 , Win 10 , i5 - 8th Gen)

I have: new project > single clip > run stabilize (takes very long) but gets done.  Then If I want to play the clip, it says audio is still being processed. . . . . and still after hours when I give up.

I have tried very short clip, no success with audio processing. 

What am I doing wrong?

St B.

Update to 8.42.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

You are doing nothing wrong.

If you cannot update, press the ADVANCED button in the stabilizer configuration box and, on the left side PASS ONE AND TWO set the Source Pixel Aspect to Standard NTSC  (0.912).

Try it again with a short clip and report back.

Thank you for responding. I have tried a short clip as you suggested with the NTSC setting. It worked and the sound is there but . . .  the preview window freezes halfway in. Tried a few times but no improvement. It does however works fine when viewing the exported video.

Then tried  a longer video, (the one that started this post),  7 1/2 minutes, but . . . no success. Keeps on telling that sound will be available after processing. (how many hours?)

Nothing personal here, (your assistance is always appreciated), but having to pay NCH to  repair a fundamental function they messed up, really  sets me off!
Upgrades to get better, improved, processes and enhancements, is understandable and acceptable. 

I am not a heavy user and justifying this update cost isn't justifiable. I will rather buy a camera stabilizer for less.

I apologize for venting here.   

St B

The VP stabilizer performed fine on the lengthy project that began this thread, after the settings suggestion offered earlier was made.  Just now, a 20-minute film was stabilized successfully, using version 8.42.

Confirm that the video driver and Direct-X are up to date...

AMD / ATI users: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
Intel users: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx
nVidia users: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Update DirectX: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113

Please share the 7.5 minute project.  Or just upload the source file if it constitutes the entire project.  Someone will stabilize and check it out to get to the root of the problem.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Hi borate,

Thank you for your response and I apologize for my delayed response. (In between  everything else I am running around trying to keep my wife's Covid locked down dance studio alive)

1) I have installed the latest version of VP and the stabilizer (video and sound) did work perfectly. But then requested payment which, as said before, is not an option for me. So I restored to previous status, i.e.  VP 8.23

2) Direct-X  is up to date - ver 12. So is my Intel video drivers.

3) Herewith the Dropbox link (included is the original video file : "Original - VID_20200518_103327.mp4"

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1yguxo6ytkpjewd/AADSRrZCrCJ1dzNdILdJluAHa?dl=0

The project contains the stabilized attempt up to the point where it is "still processing the sound" for hours to never end . . . 

The video is a typical home movie, nothing sensitive or secret.

Thank you

St B.

See updated info below

Apparently the successful stabilized file is included in your link above.  A copy should have been placed in your PC Video folder as well.

After loading the project, allow the file (in the bin) to completely process.  This is very slow and can take a half-an-hour or so.  The stabilized file is almost twice the size of the original, but the length is the same.  And hardware makes a difference.  The Theurgy project referenced above used a stabilized file that was about twice the size of yours.

Progress should be shown on the file's thumbnail.  If not, try clicking - or right-clicking - on that thumb.

Once the file is fully processed, it should preview and export without the "processing" warning.  It completed successfully in 8.23 here.

Thanks again borate for your effort and response. I think I'm going to give up on this one. I don't want to waste  your time any further.

"Apparently the successful stabilized file is included in your link above"   -  Yes, but with sound unprocessed or (still processing)

I tried again, can't find any sign of progress indication anywhere??  (I must say a shortcoming I found in some other processes as well)

My hardware:  (Maybe the software is hardware sensitive) 

Asus VivoBook
Intel i5-8265U @ 1.60Ghz (8th Gen)
Windows 10, 64-bit (update = current)
Total SSD storage  = 595 GB
Memory = 8 GB
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

St B

May have misled you with earlier findings.  It was late. ^_^  The stabilized file in your package was corrupt.

In a test here using your original in version 8.23, stabilizer settings were set to the defaults with these exceptions.

Click the ADVANCED button.   Under the PASS ONE & TWO tab ---  Standard NTSC  (0.912).   Under the PASS TWO tab --- Adaptive + fixed (no borders).

The process took about twenty minutes.  When complete VP replaced the original with the stabilized version and sent a copy to the PC's Video folder.

The file was immediately ready for use to add to the sequence - no processing - and because export was lossless it took less than ten seconds to complete at 1920 x 1080.

• borate changed the title to "Sound clips processing ... please wait."