Experiencing Transitional Frame flaws again

gdog

I keep experiencing this flaw often in the videopad editor and on export over many versions.  Usually it has to do with two or three video layers and the adjacent cut.  In the editor, I'll get black frame or play overlapp anomalies in the sequence preview and in the timeline editor. On export these may not show up in the same place, but in other places there are cut transition errors like an odd frame or distortion. 

THE best way to suss this out is for you to upload and share your project, which can be done privately.  Then someone can run it just as you see it.

What version of VP is being used?  What are your PC's specs:  CPU/GPU/RAM/free space on C:?   Mention specific times where these errors occur, if possible.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.

Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

I also may be getting an export problem where I'll export and then when I play a 2k file, smart max variable it freezes on a frame for the rest of the video on vlc player.  But when I export it in HD, or change the frame rate it plays fine.

Also, the shadow in the text doesn't render on export.

Again,  the only way to suss this out is for you to upload and share your project, which can be done privately.  Then someone can run it just as you see it.

What version of VP is being used?  What are your PC's specs:  CPU/GPU/RAM/free space on C:?   Mention specific times where these errors occur, if possible.

This isn't difficult.  See above linked instructions.

Again, I'm not open to uploading my projects.  I use the software, I describe the exact conditions, I experience consistent repeatable problems, and let you know.  This software is just full of bugs and isn't ready for regular use. We should just admit that.  I'm stuck with the same version, v7.51 I spent hours and hours exporting my project in various configurations and again editing and reediting in frames and video layer text overlapps on clean cuts, export distortions because the software is crap. And I'm still working to find a configuration to make it work.  I report it and it never got fixed.

Hi

"...Also, the shadow in the text doesn't render on export. ..."

Shadow not seen in version 8.10 in preview either........

aa.jpg

This has been reported.

Note that if you are not trying the latest version then you won't see any improvement. Also, without a demo to check out users on the forum can't report anything specific or offer advice. e.g. How many tracks are you running? How are they arranged? .etc.

Nat

Hi

"...It looks like the shadow is covered by the outline. .."

That seems correct as removing the outline reveals the shadow. The shadow ought to be wider than any added outline. -_- but it's really too narrow and doesn't give any relief to the letters.

aa.jpg

I think there is a good opportunity here to really enhance this area of text generation, particularly for Titles. A separate program will allow the user to add a shadow..

1. Of variable width (or length)
  2. Dropped at any one of 4 directions
  3. Have a start colour and a finish colour for soft shadows.
  4. Have 4 shadow type options (none, simple, block and soft)
  5. Still use the different fonts

Examples: 

bb.jpg    ccc.jpgdd.jpg

ee.jpgff.jpg

The user window to make these changes to the shadow of the text is pretty simple...Just a matter of selecting the option and sliding the shadow depth.

gg.jpg

I'm sure NCH could work up something like this???

Nat