Looping/user EQ preset issues

takis

Thank God , in the latest update (v8.04), the sound looping problem is gone!

I 've been testing it for the last 2-3 days, after its immediate release, and I am happy to report that my timeline runs smoothly without sound problems!

Bravo, well done, to the developers and the kind administrators of the forum (Borate, National Solo, etc) for their fine job!

Problems still to be addressed:

a) The small popup window that comes up when repositioning the red line. As written before, the window is not annoying itself, the brackets are! Because if accidentally pressed, they set the beginning/end of project discarding the rest without warning.

b)The EQ settings must be saved with the project. I discovered another bug here, if you split a clip, the remaining pieces are set to ...flat again.  In a few words, EQ settings are neither saved nor retained when working in the timeline. Of course I do it the "Borate" way, using the copy&replace effect button, but I have to do it ALL the time!

c) I would like to report another issue, but I am not sure if it is due to the software, or to my PC:

When I sync and join two audio clips, I get a "click" sound when it plays through the junction... In order to reduce it, I have to zoom to the maximum and then try to achieve perfect matching of the waves. I can still hear it though, but much less... I had this to all versions,  and I used to solve it by overlapping the clips in different tracks and use fade in/out in both. The "click"  exists even to no-sound wave forms (audio with low or zero volume).

So far so good,

Regards,

Takis

a)  Improvements may be in the works.

b)  After splitting, select both clips and click the fx on the one that has the EQ.  Then click the forth button from the left on the toolbar.  Or the fifth button, to append the EQ.

c) Unable to replicate the sound issue in 8.04.  Tested two silent WMA and Mp3 clips side-by-side and the same clips at one-quarter volume.  There was no click between them.

Hi Takis

"...a) The small popup window that comes up when repositioning the red line. As written before, the window is not annoying itself, the brackets are! Because if accidentally pressed, they set the beginning/end of project discarding the rest without warning. ..."

The problem you had with accidentally clicking the Start/End brackets that accompany the scissors when you split the sequence using the cursor line pop-up, should be easier to avoid now as in the latest version. (Beta 8.06) The pop-up box is horizontal.

Nat

Dear friends,

I just downloaded v 8.06 and installed over 8.04.

I am happy to confirm the solution of the EQ-saving with the project!

However, concerning the bracket-pop-up, I do not see any difference! The pop-up box is still vertical...

A kind suggestion: Updates come fast, as a result of developer's hard work to give us a better software.  It would be nice if there was an update-log of some kind, accompanying each version, briefly describing  the problems solved.  Forgive me if it already exists and please inform me where to find it.

Regards,

Takis

• borate changed the title to Looping/user EQ preset issues