stabilization fails

Sylvain Eckhardt

Hi everybody! When I try to stabilize a video clip it always fails and I get this message:

"VideoPad video editor has crashed because of an abnormal exception.

Help us fixing  etc, etc..."

I use VideoPad v. 7.10 and have no idea where the problem is, can anybody help? thanks!

19 minutes ago, borate said:

Try the latest version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.

Report back.

OK, thanks. Are you sure I will not lose my license I've paid? How can I backup the older version in case of?

If you purchased less than six-months ago the registration code should be valid.  But retain your 7.10 installer in case you want to restore it and re-register if need be.

Usually, the installer is automatically saved to this path on the PC...  "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad"

And VP can be used without registering, but some features may be disabled.

You can also test other versions that have been released within your six-month period.  They are here, listed with their release dates

Tested successfully on several clips here.  To continue the diagnosis, try this...

1.  Clear Unused Cache Files, under OPTIONS|DISK tab.  If no joy...

2.  Delete this folder on your PC:  "C:\Users\<your account>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components"

Then reinstall.

If both these measures fail, please upload the file in question to a free server, such as MS OneDrive or Google Drive.  Share the file, then post the shared link here.  Someone will test it.

After further sleuthing, found that the deshaker wasn't the correct file.

Nice stabilization on the critter, using VP 7.39

Seems that something is corrupt in your installation.  Try the freeware tool here to delete most traces of VP.  After the initial uninstaller completes, select all the registry leftovers and delete those as well, taking care that only Videopad files are being removed.   Then install the latest Videopad version.

Report results here please.

I'll try that. But what do you mean by deleting the registry leftovers? What are they and where do I find them? Thanks again for your help, I appreciate!

Did you mean this folder and all remaining files after uninstalling VP:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/19RxJ4-qT4jmHexJCHbiyal_IyODnI1uC/view?usp=sharing

No, any uninstaller should take care of that.

Let's try something else, before going the REVO uninstaller route......

Go to Windows Control Panel|PROGRAMS AND FEATURES and right-click the Videopad item.  Uninstall it.  Now reinstall.

If still no satisfaction, try REVO.  It runs the Windows uninstaller first.  Then it presents further registry 'clean-up' options.

Scan those entries first just to ensure that no non-VP entries are listed, then select ALL and DELETE.  There may be several steps before this is completed.

Still not working after the REVO cleansing?  That hints at a local problem ... as other users succeed.  See this FAQ.

You certainly can install 7.10 or any recent version...and register it if the release fell within the upgrade grace period.

How many files need to be stabilized?  If but a few, upload them.

Yep, still doesn't work. if the problem is simply in my computer, too slow, soo old or windows as a problem, who knows... Thanks a lot again! I have many files to stabilize each time I'm working on a video project. I'll upload them here if I don't find another solution.