Frames

faraday

HI

Where did you find Fade which refers to frame numbers please? I haven't noticed this before.

Fade is usually applied at a split or at a clip start or end and is controlled by duration.

Fade in by clicking the "f" on the timeline clip thumbnail and then entering how long you require the fade in to last.

Fade out by clicking the transition sign at the end of a clip, select Fade and enter the duration etc.

You can also Fade in and out using the Transparency effect. at any point between start and finish.

I haven't seen frame numbers...:-)

Nat

In the latest release there is no FADE effect. Precisely, list steps you take to see it.

There is a FADE transition. Duration can be changed In the box that lists transitions. To see that box, click on the X at the end of a clip.

There is no reference to "frames" that I can spot in 4.33. What version are you using?

Wel there is, it's a bit hidden, I'll find it without a manual.

On the Clip/video-track the first image on that track, in the upper-left corner you'll see an "/" symbol at the image, If you click on it a window appears and you can fill in the time of seconds for fade in.

At the end of the clip you'll see on the last Picture on the upper-right corner a "X" symbol click on and it will open an effect window where you can select, Fade Crossfade, and so on.

That's correct. The / lets you select the FADE IN for the first clip in a sequence.

The X at the end of each clip is for the transition to the next clip. FADE will fade to black from the last clip.

A box is available to alter DURATION if the X is clicked again, but it doesn't mention "frames."

Thanks Nat. Fade is under Effects but will not work because cannot find frame number, Your suggestion of clicking 'f' can't

do because cannot find 'f'! My software is V 2.4.1 WHICH COULD EXPLAIN IT. Love to get it to work...

Thanks Borate - I think I've got your method working as I've found the fade in transitions [not noticed before].

Cannot find the X though but seem to be muddling through. I wonder sometimes why these quite good - v.g.

softwares are so tedious.

Well thanks all based on your comments I've got Fade to work! [Long time because back from a winter hol in England and still recovering from a wicked cold]. So heartfelt thanks. Now if only I can get zoom to work...

P.S. Pretty old chap so I really do appreciate your help!

The various operations are carried out in different parts of the Frames but still work fine. Old SW = 2.4.1.