How to zoom photos to videos SMOOTHLY

daorus

Original JPEG image with 2560x1920 size is here in my dropbox

https://www.dropbox....0x1920.jpg?dl=1

So, I got image 2560x1920 and want to make 720x304 video by zooming out, starting from

X1 45%

Y1 45%

X2 55%

Y2 55%

So total is 10%

zoom to

X1 13%

Y1 26%

X2 73%

Y2 86%

So total is 60%

As far as they are persent, not pixels, so aspect ratio is always constant

I apply this zoom animation for image for 10 seconds and export to 720x304 30FPS H264

Here is result video on my dropbox

https://www.dropbox....3g/720.avi?dl=0

But why I got shaking zoom?

I would understand that shaking zoom cound be if aspect ratio was animating too, but in my animation there is no aspect ratio animation, only size of canvas with constant aspect ratio.

How can I make this type of zoom act smoothly???

Hi

Played with VLC this setup did judder. Similar behaviour when played within VP.

I used 4:3 to set the initial CU frame and then dragged the box out to full frame for the last image in the zoom.

Having said that, the same avi clip played quite OK with Irfanview, and Windows Media Player so I think it may be the way you are viewing your clip.

Nat

Hi

Played with VLC this setup did judder. Similar behaviour when played within VP.

I used 4:3 to set the initial CU frame and then dragged the box out to full frame for the last image in the zoom.

Having said that, the same avi clip played quite OK with Irfanview, and Windows Media Player so I think it may be the way you are viewing your clip.

Nat

In my Windows Media Player video shakes. Irfanview have not tested.

By I uploaded this video to youtube and unfortunatelly It shakes!!

By the way, on youtube there is a service for stabilizing videos.

So I applied stabilization and look what SMOOTHLY and steady video I got.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgis0ipg5am9lbn/stabilzed_by_youtube.mp4?dl=0

How wonderful it would be if Videopad's zoom filter could produce such a smooth video of the box!!

After exporting use ADD FILE to bring the resultant file back into the VP video bin.

Right-click on it and STABILIZE. When prompted, don't "replace."

Use the stabilized file, which will be in both the VP video bin and in the PC's video (the default) folder.

Hi

Stabilizing the zoomed clip may help, but if you look closely at the frames one after the other in the original zoomed clip, you may see that the image moves unequally. A spot just entering the edge of the frame will move towards the centre in different steps , occasionally up and then occasionally to the right...not in a direct diagonal line as one might expect. It might be due to the way VP calculates the next frame size and places it as central as possible. (assuming the zoom is out from the exact centre.)

It seemes more obvious with the first few frames which appear to move up, across and down a larger amount...?due to the lower number of original pixels in the frame??

Nat

After exporting use ADD FILE to bring the resultant file back into the VP video bin.

Right-click on it and STABILIZE. When prompted, don't "replace."

Use the stabilized file, which will be in both the VP video bin and in the PC's video (the default) folder.

http://hevanet.com/hb/Stabil.avi

Yes, after stabilizing everything is great... but using stabilization step is just a cure, but there is a way not to get sick at all. And as c_major says, from developer's point of view they see how to correct zoom filter in order to make zoom filter to produce smooth videos by using zoom filter only without stabilizing step.