Building Preview ..

andrewandrew

hi

I am running the latest version of NCH Video Pad,

I edited a small 3 minute video and fell in love with Video Pad...very flexible and powerful.

I tried to create a 45 minute Video next but I am struggling with this "Building Preview message" every time I cut and insert clips or make simple changes the Building Preview kicks in and it seems to take 1 or 2 HOURS to complete the task.

I can see that along the top of the clips the green line which as I understand is the progress bar in building the preview or processing any changes

is there something I am doing wrong, I fail to see what is taking so long, surely it has to be something I am doing incorrectly. I am running this on a windows laptop 2Ghz dual core, plenty of memory free and disk space, I have optimised the Hard drive and the Registry, and still I am dogged by the building preview message it makes the softeware un-usable as I cannot wait 2 hours inbetween every cut and past of content to review.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Have you guys worked out the bug with the ENDLESSLY SLOW preview building. In the oler versions (2.12 is the version I prefer) this was (and is) never a problem. If you import a 1Gig file it takes about 30 seconds to import. If you make a cut, there is no BUILDING PREVIEW to wait for.

Seems all the new version are having the same problem with the slowness. Does this new 3.02 version correct that? I just downloaded the trial version, and it does not seem to. Do you have to pay for it to get it to work properly?

Just wondering.

Thanks, Gibson23

I have paid version and upgraded to 3.02 and it's the worst thing I ever did, have downgraded back to 2.14(I think) until they sort it out. But now having load issues with the previous version that I didn't have before - takes about 25 minutes to open a project.

Love this software but they are making it unworkable.

Hi

I have to agree with you. VP version 3.02 is extremely slow when it's in the process of generating thumbnails for a first-time loaded clip or re-writing the cache with any changes you have made.

However If you don't empty the cache; re-open VP and start again from scratch with a new project, then if you load the same clip and drop it onto the sequence track, it will reload the thumbnails very much faster, (presumably because the data for it is already there,) although other .CACHE files are added to the folder as well. However, when you start to edit it, the rebuilding of the sequence (along with the generation of another set of cache files) takes an age.

It would be interesting to know why there is a difference between this version and 2.41 which loaded/saved and updated the data and thumbnail display much faster.

To my mind this is a major drawback of this version. Pity as I was begining to like it.

Nat

I received a reply from NCH regarding the SLOW issues, bascially re-stating that their software engineers are working on the problem and they will make a new release of Video Pad when complete. So check every week for a new release, if you are automatically following this forum on the issue, I will post in here when the new release is available.

• 3 weeks later...

I made my problem go away by deleting the Audio Track 1 (which was a song) which somehow had been split up a million times. Looking at the raw text data in the .vpj file, the song was mentioned a few hundred times with some kind of integer or hex value. Not sure if this is the issue that is causing it, but I thought it was worth a mention.

I am working with 5-6 files ranging from 1-2 GB each.

andrewandrew, three weeks plus and counting! Frankly I think they just told you that to ......