Release Note v6.21

c_major

New:

• Improved preview and cache performance and image quality.
  • Revised Subtitle dialog.
  • Timeline/Storyboard window can now be undocked as a separated widnow.
  • New video effects:
    • Directional Blur
    • Spotlight
  • New effect options:
    • New color option for text shadow.
    • New intensity option for Ripple effect.
    • Better handling for Zoom and Crop effect widget.
  • Radial gradient option for blank clips.
  • Transparent option (percentage) for text background.
  • Effect mask now can be dragged in a whole by grabbing the inside area.
  • Support uploading to Vimeo.
  • New supported image format: JPEG XR, JPE.
  • New toolbar tab - Effects.
  • Subtitle dialog now auto saved in case of crash.
  • Timeline cursor now matches when switch between Timeline mode and Storyboard mode.
  • Add Last Changed Date column to media bin.

Fixed:

• Fixed the fade transition make white text look greyish.
  • Fixed color of hyperlinks in Export Dialog.
  • Fixed corssfade audio doesn't work after the project is reloaded.
  • Fixed single channel audio panned to the left.
  • Fixed varies speed change issues.
  • Fixed Export All Sequences sometimes exporting with wrong bitrate.
  • Fixed numerical markings on Storyboard not updating when scrolled.
  • Fixed a crash bug caused by varias sound devices.
  • Fixed a rare issue that transition at the last clip sometimes generate blank frames.

Thanks, borate.

Okay, that's good to know. I saw your reply to my question about my issues with ending a sequence with a titled overlay. Maybe the new version will fix that.

What's the best way to do that? An option to check for updates n the program itself, or download directly from the website?

Couple of questions:

1 - I was thinking of installing the new version onto my laptop to test it out, then replacing the one on my desktop. I'm assuming when I install it, I just use the key I got when I purchased it. I'm also guessing you can install it onto 2 machines like that, but just want to make sure it doesn't cause me a problem getting the new version on my desktop.

2 - Unless I'm just not seeing it, the Videopad product page doesn't indicate which version you're downloading. The install program itself is only called vppsetup.exe. How do you know when the new version is released - just keep checking this thread?

I was thinking of installing the new version onto my laptop to test it out, then replacing the one on my desktop.

This, from the NCH FAQ...

"What restrictions apply to the license?  If the license is named as an "Installation License" the main restriction is you need to purchase one license serial number for each computer that the program runs on.

Can I move the software or reinstall the software in future?

Within reason - yes. As long as the software does not continue to run on the old computer you can install the software on a new computer.  As a piracy control measure we do limit the number of installations to 2 times in any 12 month period.

Note: we do run an anti-piracy system which can detect multiple installs. But as long as the software (with one serial number) runs on one PC at any one time, you will not have problems."

Unless I'm just not seeing it, the Videopad product page doesn't indicate which version you're downloading.

True.  Once downloaded, the version # appears when the install begins...and can be aborted.  It would be handy to have the info beforehand.

2 hours ago, borate said:

Did you access this link?

Yes, It was on Sept.7 (had it changed since?) and I just ran that file.

P.S. I compared my file from Sept.7, with new one I downloaded right now, and they are of different size, previous one was 5792kb, and the new one is 5854kb... Should I run it again over installed one?

Hi

"....but when you click "Help" and "About VideoPad" in the menu it still says ver.6.10...."

Here  VP 6.21 shows the Help page for 6.21  However I did a reinstall of the corrected 6.21 after  looking at 6.20  and 6.10 and each time I deleted from the control panel and also clicked the prompt for deleting the associated data files. I don't know myself but does that alter whether you see the help files for the new download or not? i.e. is the link for the help files for a version part of the data you delete?

Nat

Dunno.  6.20 is loaded and it is not listed as beta.  The HELP file header reads 6.21.  No uninstalls, just over-installs here.

Also, when a user repeatedly runs the installer for a specific version #, the result may have slight UI variations. Seems random which build is installed.