Download transactions from Bank/credit card

Bob B

It seems impossible to get transactions downloaded from my bank/credit card providers. When I click on download a list of financial institutions there is an error and nothing downloads. So I tried to enter manually; URL for the bank routing account etc. Nothing works just errors. The bank is no help as they don't know this software, in the manual setup it even wants the "port" number; how would anyone know that. My bank confirms the URL and that they allow 3rd party apps to access. I'm completely frustrated at this point and wish there was a way to get a refund. 

• 2 months later...

I have had the same issue. I decided to download my bank transactions as a .csv file and import it to MoneyLine. That gets the transactions into the MoneyLine app but you don't get all the info that connecting to your bank would get you. I used to use Quicken but did not want to pay for it on a subscription basis. Now I am rethinking that.

Does anyone from NCH monitor this forum? Has anyone else had to deal with this issue?

Edited by Duane Davenport
grammar issues

Hi @Bob B

If the bank you are looking for is not in the list, you may add it manually. To do that, click Accounts, Add Account, check Enable Online Account Access, from the Financial Institution drop-down menu, select Add New Financial Institution, enter the required information, click OK and OK again to save the changes. Check the information below:
1. Financial Institution:
Select the name of the financial institution with which the account should be associated.
Alternatively, new financial institution information may be entered by using the Add
2. Routing Number:
Enter the routing number (or sort code, transit number, or BSB number) for your financial
institution.
3. Account Number:
Enter the account number issued by the financial institution holding the account.
4. User ID:
Enter the user ID issued by the financial institution for accessing the account.
5. Password:
Enter the password associated with the above user ID.
6. Prompt me for my password when connecting to my bank:
Check this box to prevent MoneyLine from storing your password. You will be prompted to
enter your bank password each time your account information is retrieved.
7. Last Import:
Last date an import of transactions was performed for this account.
**If the issue continues, maybe is because your financial institution does not support Moneyline.

2 hours ago, n1x1 said:

Hi @Bob B

If the bank you are looking for is not in the list, you may add it manually. To do that, click Accounts, Add Account, check Enable Online Account Access, from the Financial Institution drop-down menu, select Add New Financial Institution, enter the required information, click OK and OK again to save the changes. Check the information below:
1. Financial Institution:
Select the name of the financial institution with which the account should be associated.
Alternatively, new financial institution information may be entered by using the Add
2. Routing Number:
Enter the routing number (or sort code, transit number, or BSB number) for your financial
institution.
3. Account Number:
Enter the account number issued by the financial institution holding the account.
4. User ID:
Enter the user ID issued by the financial institution for accessing the account.
5. Password:
Enter the password associated with the above user ID.
6. Prompt me for my password when connecting to my bank:
Check this box to prevent MoneyLine from storing your password. You will be prompted to
enter your bank password each time your account information is retrieved.
7. Last Import:
Last date an import of transactions was performed for this account.
**If the issue continues, maybe is because your financial institution does not support Moneyline.

That is not the questions asked for manual import. The url www.usbank.com doesn't

On 4/28/2024 at 8:48 PM, Duane Davenport said:

I have had the same issue. I decided to download my bank transactions as a .csv file and import it to MoneyLine. That gets the transactions into the MoneyLine app but you don't get all the info that connecting to your bank would get you. I used to use Quicken but did not want to pay for it on a subscription basis. Now I am rethinking that.

Does anyone from NCH monitor this forum? Has anyone else had to deal with this issue?

On 2/23/2024 at 12:43 PM, Bob B said:

It seems impossible to get transactions downloaded from my bank/credit card providers. When I click on download a list of financial institutions there is an error and nothing downloads. So I tried to enter manually; URL for the bank routing account etc. Nothing works just errors. The bank is no help as they don't know this software, in the manual setup it even wants the "port" number; how would anyone know that. My bank confirms the URL and that they allow 3rd party apps to access. I'm completely frustrated at this point and wish there was a way to get a refund.