Is there a way to split music and not the video?

HelpingSaveHumanity

Hi there,

So sometimes the music I have that goes under my text slides is very short & I have to repeat it over & over again to cover all of the slides. At the end there's sometimes no sound, so I have to cut that part out so the music continues, but when I split that, I'm also splitting the video which doesn't hinder it, but it's kind of annoying when I play the video back in videopad, b/c it sort of skips around that mark. It doesn't skip when I export it & play it back on VLC, but it does in videopad & that always concerns me.

Is there any way to just cut the music (in videopad) without also cutting the video?

I figure not, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks

Ok, but when you find the spot & place the red bar there, it's on both the video & the music b/c I put the background music on a separate track (sorry, forgot to mention that part) so I can lower the volume, so I still don't see how you can only split the audio. Do I have to click on "split all audio tracks" even though it's just one?

Well it's more than one, but I have to do them one at a time, right? The software won't be able to cut the tail off of each of the same audio file, right b/c they are each at a different spot even though they are one after another.

Thanks

image.png

At the position of the cursor (red line) any single or multiple tracks can be split with the SPLIT button.

Note the >.  It leads to sub-menus...   image.png  Check the ones that you want.

The red and blue [   ] brackets that pop on when the top of the cursor is clicked will trim the start and end of the project - all tracks.