Please Fix this Annoying Behaviour

Vacublaster

When I get to the end of a video I am editing, which can be quite long. I have this infuriating habit of hitting the space bar to stop or start the video. If I don't click the red cursor back, which I ALWAYS forget to do, it takes me back to the start of the video. Can we please have some option to stop the return to the start behaviour before I end pulling out the few hairs I have left, PLEASE?

Edited by Vacublaster
Make it clearer

I don't think that is, what Vacublaster had in mind. If the cursor is at the end of the timeline and you (accidently) press the space bar (which happens often to me), Videopad should simply do nothing. Right now, the cursor jumps back to the beginning of the timeline and the preview starts playing. So to continue editing, you have to stop the video and scroll back to the end of the timeline.

Another suggestion: How about adding a "miscellaneous settings" tab to the options? Here you could add things like "looping enabled" or "turn off split bar" (see screenshot, I always click this thing accidently) and a lot of other things, maybe settings you use to store in the "SVar" registry. 

I also would like to have a special feature for the GPU video processor settings: "CPU only for rendering, graphic card for building preview". Reason: My (old) graphic cards don't really work for exporting the video (flickering etc.), so I have to switch to "CPY only" for that. That means I always have to switch it back to a graphic card when editing the video, because CPU only is too slow for that.

Edited by Dangerfreak
added detail