Audio track 2 has fallen silent

NancySue

I had loaded a video with audio and a second audio track.  Everything was working fine, I could mute and unmute the 2 tracks normally.  Today I was fooling around with some video effects, but not audio (unless accidentally hit something) but now Audio Track 2 is dead silent.  The wave form is still visible on Track 2, and Track 1 still plays.  I'm sure I must have done something to silence it, but what might it be?

• borate changed the title to Audio track 2 has fallen silent

Hi

Check that you haven't inadvertently clicked the loudspeaker icon at the extreme left end of the silent track. This will mute the track and it will have a  red cross on it. Re-click to activate it again. 

Less likely you have clicked the loudspeaker icon at the start of the track. (next to the FX box)  This will have brought up a Clip Volume control with a mute option. You will not likely have done this in error.

At the left end of the track below the group of icons is the Volume slider - check this is set to the right (100% volume)

Check also the FX box - If it is blue then you have added an audio effect which may have reduced the volume.

Nat

Two muting locations to verify - the track ... and the clip.    mute.jpg

Also, right-click on the audio clip and toggle the MUTE/UNMUTE choice.  And, as Nat says, be sure that the volume slider is at the far right.

If neither works, back up your project and then close Videopad.  Reopen it and before loading the project click OPTIONS | DISK tab and Clear Unused Cache Files.

If still no joy, share the project.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Thank you, Nat and Borate!  It will remain a mystery.  It wasn't the mute/unmute icon at the start of the track, and I don't think the icon at the start of the clip because it happened on 2 clips.  The slider was all the way to the right and the FX wasn't blue.  But I had previously saved the file, while it was working, so I just closed VideoPad, said don't save, and when I reopened the project it was ok.  Maybe just needed rebooting?  It had been open for a few days.   

Thank you guys!  I'm so grateful that you're there!  

Glad it worked out.  Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.