Zoom in

HelpingSaveHumanity

You recorded a screen shot and saved it as a PNG or JPG file and now you want to import it to Videopad and zoom in.  Is that correct?

Once it's on the sequence, click the FX icon in the clip and choose ZOOM.

Drag the handles of the box in the preview window, or use the sliders to circumscribe the desired zoom area.  Experiment with the presets.

Export the result.

Hi

I'm not clear from your post what you actually did but the Zoom feature is an effect that can be applied to a clip or image that has been placed on the timeline for editing.

To Zoom into a clip will require at least two keyframes. As an example of how this is done.....

• Place your image or clip on the timeline.
  • Left Click the box marked FX  that is at the start of the clip. This opens a list of effects.
  • Select the Zoom effect. This will open the Zoom effect parameter window. A rectangle showing the area which will be zoomed will appear on the preview display. To the right of effect pane there is a graph display..
  • z.jpg
  • Select the Aspect Ration 16:9 which will keep the zoom result full screen. (leaving it as is will start from the full screen)
  • For a zoomed in start, adjust the rectangle with the handles to enclose your starting zoom area.
  • Click the green cross with the red line above the graph area to set the first keyframe. (Zoom Start)
  • Slide the red cursor line to the far right of the graph (End of clip)
  • Readjust the rectangle if required to outline end zoom area. (Zoom end)
  • Click the small green + again to set another keyframe.
  • Play the timeline. The clip should now zoom in (or out) between keyframe 1 and keyframe 2.

There are several controls and AR values you might want to try connected to the Zoom effect which will allow the image to pan or scale and any number of keyframes can be set for more complex zoom effects. There is also a Pan and Zoom effect which combines several movements. Experiment to find what works for you. The instructions here are for a simple zoom.

Nat

Nat said:  I'm not clear from your post what you actually did but the Zoom feature is an effect that can be applied to a clip or image that has been placed on the timeline for editing.

No it's not an image. I said above that it's a video. 

So the instructions are the same?

I found that area & changed it to 16:9 & had to scroll one of the bars across so it captured the entire video, but when I played it back it still looks the same.

Should I export it again to see if it worked?

It's a pain b/c I have to upload it to the video platform just to see if it worked b/c on VLC it looks fine, just not on video platforms.

Borate said:  You recorded a screen shot and saved it as a PNG or JPG file and now you want to import it to Videopad and zoom in.  Is that correct?

No, as I stated in my text, it's a video. You can record your screen & make a video out of it.

I found the area, but it still looks the same upon playback within NCH.

Thanks

A still image, when exported, becomes a video which should look just like the preview screen, using MATCH MONITOR mode.

Upload the 'recorded screen' file and someone will check it out.  It's still unclear just what is being captured, by what program, and the result you expect.

Please describe step-by-step precisely what is being done.

It's a video I did with another piece of software & just uploaded to NCH, but it's not just that video, there's other videos in the project so I have to make sure I'm only zooming that part.

You want me to upload just the video part that needs to be zoomed in?

I can just give you the entire video & you can just go to the part that needs that.  I already deleted it from my video platform b/c it doesn't look right.

We need to see the entire project, and you can state here what the in and out times are for the zoom effect.

The sharing process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps closely...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Ok, so after I got my website coder to explain further, the zooming won't work. I'm going to have to redo it & try to do the zooming while recording, but I have a question.

You said you normalized the audio & I know some areas are louder than others b/c when I put background music on my text slides, I make it very low, so wouldn't normalizing it increase the volume on those or decrease the normal volume on the other clips?

Thanks

Effect audio normalizing is applied independently.  It can be added to multiple selected clips via the Replace Chain button image.png

ZOOM works well.  Create a zoom start by dragging preview handles or the sliders.  Then click the small green + icon, to set the first keyframe.  Move the slider to where you want the zoom to end and adjust the zoom size.  A keyframe should automatically be set.

Follow Nat's instructions, above.