VHS to DVD Newbie to videos, help!

AllenW

I am trying to convert VHS tapes to DVD, unfortunately I have little experience with this. 

I have Down loaded Golden Videos VHS2DVD to go from VHS to the computer,  another program to edit/remove unwanted parts of tape and am using yet another program to make the CD's. 

It has been recommended to also use Prism Video Converter to complete the needed programs to edit and convert the VHS tapes to DVD.

Can you tell me if this is correct?

Or a better/easier way to do this?

TIA

I have probably 30 DVD's that are coasters now, so I would appreciate any help you could give me.  :)

Al

My best advice to you is to use Express Burning software , you see when you take a video from VCR it probably saves it as an MP4, or something similar. Express Burning Software will author the DVDs properly and save your MP4s as DVD disks and give you good disks, also it is possible to make Bluray disks with Express Video software. If you want I will make a video and show you how to take a file that has been saved from the VCR and show you all of the steps needed to make the DVD. That would be fun for me . Russ Campbell

If you really need to  edit/remove unwanted parts after moving the files to your computer with Golden Videos, then the way you are doing it is right, Not sure what video editing program you are using but NCH´s VideoPad can export to DVD after you edit the files. So you can use Golden videos to move the VHS tapes to your computer you can then add those to VIDEOPAD and edit them and when done just use videopad´s DVD export option to export your files to DVD.

Thanks much!

A video would be great, much easier to follow for me anyway.

I am using Golden videos VHS 2 DVD to convert to the computer.

Then OBS Studios to edit, I did not know the Golden Videos would edit so I'll try that.

Then I was using DVDFlick to burn to DVD.

This all started when I first tried VHS2DVD Wizard, that worked, but the audio had a delay in it, their support help said to try Golden Video and it's been down hill since, almost had it but I like to use VLC and it didn't work with it, more suggestions and more confusion.

Doing a search has given me enough suggestions to become totally confused.

Once again, thanks much!

Al

This is the comp system I'm using if it helps.

Operating System               Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU                AMD Ryzen 7 1700           30 °C               Summit Ridge 14nm Technology

RAM               16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)

Motherboard               ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. CROSSHAIR VI HERO (AM4)     29 °C

Graphics               ASUS VP278 (1920x1080@60Hz)

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (ASUStek Computer Inc)        37 °C

Storage                465GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB (SATA (SSD))           30 °C

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 (SATA )       25 °C

Optical Drives               ASUS DRW-24B3ST j

Audio                 High Definition Audio Device

I've installed and tried Golden Videos VHS to DVD

Al