The file provided is not a valid videopad project file

TheMightyLLama

I was editing a video when my storage got too full and VideoPad crashed. Now whenever I try to open my project (the video I was editing), it says "the file provided is not a valid videopad project file". I spent so long editing that video! What do I do? Is there any way I can fix this?? Please help!

Autosave is usually available after a crash.  And after any edit changes have been made, VP should prompt to save when it's closed.  Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  To access Save AS, click the chevron to the right of the SAVE PROJECT button on the Home toolbar.  Never move or delete source files until the project is complete.

Look for the autosaved file in C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\VideoPad.  Search the PC for other VPJ files.

I tried that, but when I click the autosave version, the same message appears: "the file provided is not a valid Videopad project file"

Update - I managed to retrieve an older verson of the edited video. Although it's not 100% solved, I think this is the best I can do.

• borate changed the title to The file provided is not a valid videopad project file