Debut 7.07 downloaded via the Free link but refuse to record without upgrade

BK1

I downloaded 7.07 from the normal link for the free version. I install, but when I start, it does not ask me to verify that I am using it for non-commercial use. Also, when trying to record, it states that this is a Pro version feature and that I have to upgrade to Pro. I have been running the free version 6 without problems and my have just updated my girlfriends machine without problems. I run W10 latest updates.

What do I have to do to get it to work.

Well, It seems that it was due to me running a Pro version prior to the upgrade. So, I reused the registration code, which worked and now I can record since it is a registered version.

Also, I do remember having asked this question directly to NCH about a year ago, to which they replied that they "had no clue" as to why this occurred, and what to do about it. That is when I upgraded my license for V6.

So, the question remains. How do I remove every trace of earlier Debut installations, so that when I install a new free version, it will start correctly asking me about using it non-commercially and letting me record, without having to buy a Pro license. the reason for asking is that this problem may occur in the future if the old license code would not be valid.

Hello, the only way to remove the traces of earlier installations of Debut, you will need to edit the registry on your Windows operating system.  If you are familiarized with the registry, then you may simply do search for Debut and remove the registry entries linked to it.  If you are not familiarized with the registry, you may want to get assistance from a Windows certified technician since deleting the wrong registry may deem your computer's operating system useless and you may need to reinstall it.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,
I appreciate your answer. I did go through the register and I also used the IOBIT uninstaller program that does the same thing and removed everything that has Debut in it or is subordinate to somehting with debut. But it did not help ( three keys in the register, a task "DebutDowngrade" and a debut catalogue under Program Data.)

So, I need pointers from you to what to look for in addition to what I have done.

If you already ran a registry cleaner software and you still have the problem, the only thing I could recommend is to check with a Windows certified technician as mentioned in a previous reply since a single change in the registry may mess up your system