Audio colours

Nationalsolo

• 5 months later...

Hi StB

The control for this feature is held in the registry values for |Video Pad. It can be either on or off depending on the install. You can alter this so audio is blue on black with selected audio grey but NCH don't  recommend that you make changes to the registry.

Nat

Thank you guys for your responses. Is there some feedback to the NCH developers to look into this? I am sure that issues like this low contrast presentation of the audio tracks would bug other  users as well, and that an improvement on the situation can only benefit VideoPad and its users.

St B

Hi

I agree it can be a bit confusing and it's not always correct. In fact when it was introduced I had to ask what the significance was!  IMHO a single color scheme is best but fairly sure some effects are added to different releases which while not changing how the actual program functions are included to test the waters so to speak. 

Nat 

The way I use VideoPad is typically a "full length" clip with several short clips at various points and sometimes even in a stack of clips (ie full picture, close up, still closer, then certain elements like a quick facial expression or dance footwork) then stepping down again through the clips back to normal full screen etc.

I always use the "full length's" audio (track 1) as the main reference to sync all clips. (and rename it to "Master Audio"). A two colour scheme would be nice where track 1 is green, and all other add-on audio tracks are blue (or whatever), because the sync activity is always between track 1 (master audio) and some other audio track, one at a time.
(I just realized that my renaming of my audio tracks is to try and compensate for the current non-significance situation.)

Do you think we can persuade NCH to bring such a mod in? 

St B