Export time estimate

Pqs

Hi! I just downloaded Video-pad and i like it this far.
I have used Adobe Premiere a lot before, but its outdated and i cant for the moment afford it. And Video-Pad is very similar in its basics...
However... When i export a project and or sequence, it only displays time elapsed and or the percentage completed...

My question....
Is it possible in any way to enable/see the estimated export time?
It would be very helpful to know how long time it takes, especially if you have a large project/session and or several sequences in the export que.
Reason is you can set a timer when to come back to the computer and do other things, or set a limited amount of exports during the night.

If this isnt possible i strongly recommend that you add this. Exporting for now is more or less a feeling of being blind and out of control.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Pqs

Yes-Put in a suggestion.   Although it is not a current feature in VP you can get some idea once you have started the export. The percentage is shown as export progresses so if you time a certain percentage you can then calculate the time remaining. It's only rough as you would need to export a reasonable percentage to get some worthwhile values.  That depends on the size of the project and what other applications are running on the PC while rendering is takeing place. I've checked this process on quite a few occasions and find that export is pretty steady. i.e. 10% in 5 minutes means around 50 mins to complete etc.

Nat