Move a whole video line?

swiss2008

Hello, is there a way of moving a whole video track line at once, I mean left or right without affecting any of the other video tracks for some reason in my project, a very complex project one of the tracks has moved and moving all the little chukns of files back is proving difficult, I move one chunk it moves a chunk in the video track above etc etc?

Also what are these dotted lines and how do I removed them?  I am trying to insert a picture and it seems that because it has these dotted lines on it the picture isn't showing in the preview...

https://freeimage.host/i/2MljwP

Thank you guys!!  😄

Hi

The dotted lines are there if you want to rotate or otherwise alter the clip to save you actually going into the effects option. Just click off the screen area or a blank part of the GUI and they should disappear. (Yes..I find them a bit annoying as well)

Moving track..one way...

Provided you haven't grouped any part of the Track with clips from another track then you should be able to shift all the clips along together.

• Press the SHIFT key and then left click the first clip on the track to move. This selects the clip.
  • Keep the SHIFT key pressed and slide the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen along to the right so the last clip on the track becomes visible.
  • Still with SHIFT pressed right click the last clip on the track. All the clips on the track will now be selected.
  • Right click the track clip and Group the selected clips

You should now be able to drag all the selected clips on the track to the right. (If they were at the start of the track you won't be able to drag them left.)

Nat

Lock the tracks that you don't want affected.  Right-click at the left of the track and LOCK TRACK.

The dotted lines show up on overlays.  If the overlay (higher track) image is smaller than the lower track you should see them both (picture-in-picture) and can position the overlay by dragging the overlay image.  Or manipulate it with the handles in the preview screen.  Mouse over the handles (dots/squares) - a pop up should appear to indicate what each does.

image.png

Of course. Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  Then you can restore a project to the state it was in when saved.  Just double-click the VPJ file (which isn't playable).

Got it thank you, that's all done!! I thought the dots were having an effect on things but I guess not, thank you both!!

I have one more question if I may, how do I reduce the gaps between lines when adding text (see picture), at the moment I'm having to do a different text files for each line but there must be an easier way??

https://freeimage.host/i/2MVPDl

Not seeing that in the latest version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

image.png     Created by simply pressing <enter> between each line.

It should.  If issues arise you can always revert.  The installer should be in "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad"  or that path without the (x86).

Still, checked out v7.34 here and it did not double-space lines, so something local may be afoot??

Hi

I can't reproduce your problem either. Using the same values with your font etc Enter just produces  normal new line spacing. I am a bit puzzled how you have got a blue block background to the text in the editor. Settings shown in your image is for blue text with black outline. Checked both 8,84 and 7.34. Both seemed to work normally

However..

Check this thread from some time ago...

https://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/25258-text-spacing/?tab=comments#comment-62765

Nat