Undo deletion of a section

valuenyc

I have done a great many small deletions in a video clip. And I got too aggressive. So I'd like to restore/undo. There are way too many to back-track; I want most of them to stand. I'd hoped I could just highlight the area and restore what was deleted within it. Any function like that?

Do I have to start over with the same clip? This will be excruciating.

Any help appreciated.

Using VideoPad v. 8.35

Windows 8.1

Don't believe that's possible.  UNDO <ctrl-Z> is step-by-step, of course.  You might be able to split out a portion of the clip, then insert new material...

Save Project AS routinely, giving it a unique name or #, so as to not overwrite earlier saves.  Don't use Save Project, which will overwrite.  Then you will be protected in the future.

Well, thanks for that. At least I won't waste any more time on it. I have the original video, so I should be able to make a patch.

May I add that this seems like a reasonable feature request? "Non-destructive editing" leads one to believe one can correct anything. And that's not quite true as a practical matter.

I'll admit that I don't think it's trivial, of course.

Duh... you know, if you ask the wrong question, you'll never get your problem solved. And in this instance, I just didn't change paradigms. What I realized late last night was that I needed to delete what I was unhappy with, go back to the original clip, isolate the correct segment, and then "add on sequence."

Dumb as I feel, I hope this helps some other newbie. Someday.

Thanks for trying to help that newbie.

Hi valuenyc

".........Dumb as I feel, I hope this helps some other newbie. Someday. ......."

Don't feel dumb!   I'm reasonably familiar with the program and often try to help out with a stupid reply  (Edit quick before too many people see it!!!!)  or come up with a long winded way of doing something that someone else (naming no names ;)) has a much simpler answer for.:D

At the end of the day it's users helping other users.

Nat