Can you change the compressor in batch conversion?

Wiesshund

Can you change the compressor in batch conversion?

i can change type and pick .mp4.avi etc

but i could not find a way to set the batch to use mpeg4 as the compression method
and i think it defaults the h264? which makes much larger files at comparable bitrates to mpeg4

what i am doing is taking a bunch of movies that were digitized from VHS tapes at various different times
and wound up being in various different formats, avi mjpeg wmv etc and standardizing them so they simply work on most anything.

Nothing will enhance the quality as they were dubbed from VHS, so the larger h264 file size is not really wanted or needed

Changing the batch compressor does not appear to be an option.

You can however import your movies as separate sequences, then FILE | EXPORT ALL SEQUENCES.

VP will prompt for each, and the compressor can be chosen on an individual sequence basis.

Yea that is kind of what i was doing, just more time consuming than batch.

I would not mind it defaulting to h264 if it did not bloat some of the file sizes greatly.
No need for a 6gig or more end result from a VHS capture, there is not 6 gigs of audio or video quality to them.

I had one that had been digitized in motion jpeg, and it wanted to make that 14gigs by default with h264
mpeg4 was like 360mb for identical settings, as identical as the 2 can be anyways

10 minutes ago, Nationalsolo said:

HI

Why not load all the various VHS files (one at a time if needs be) into Prism (by NCH) which will convert them all into the same file type.. Conversion options are extensive.

Nat

I guess mostly because i did not know about prism.
I will look at it.
As i am not actually editing, as long as batch conversion in it will automatically keep size as original, like video pad, it might be the ticket

EDIT

This looks promising.
Though i just realized, i will probably use both.
I have some vids that due to the max file size limit on older windows versions, some movies were digitized in multiple files
and videopad will let me stitch those into 1 normal file

Edited by Wiesshund