"Typewriter" effect not displaying installed fonts

Wardie1993

Basically, I have installed multiple different typewriter fonts onto my laptop, due to the fact that the standard pre-loaded fonts are, frankly, pretty crap looking if you're trying to make an authentic typewriter effect. Yet, despite the installed fonts showing up in the font list, the text is not being displayed in any of the typewriter fonts upon selecting them, rather, they simply appear in a generic font, Arial, I think. 

Am I missing something here? Do I have to do something with the fonts in my VideoPad folder to get the text to actually take the form of it?

Hi

AFAIK VP gets it fonts directly from the "Fonts" folder. They obviously must be there as you say they appear in the font list but

Do the fonts show up in the list as A FONT...........

aa.jpg

If they do and are selected do they show up in the text editor correctly?

What version of VP are you using and which fonts did you install?

Tested a new font here just now.  Loaded the ttf file from the website and dropped it directly into the font folder.

Opened VP and the font (Typewriter-Remington-Riviera)  was present in the list; could be used.....

image.png

and could be exported.

I am using Version 8.23

Nat

I am using V 8.31

Edit: For some reason, it has started working now, I don't know why it wasn't before.

Edit II: Is it possible to lock the preview window into a certain size? I don't want to have to resize it every time I start VP.

Hi

Version 8.32

Unless you close them before shutting down VP then either (or both) preview screens will remain in their undocked size when you reopen VP even if you have deleted the data on shutdown and start a new project on reopening VP.

This is true even if you restart your PC. Opening VP will still show one of both undocked preview windows.

Nat