Exposure problem when exporting

Sylvain Eckhardt

Hi, using the 7.10 version I had this problem. I had to add exposure on video files becaus there were quite dark, but when I exported the video, the final video was over over over exposed. Any idea where is the problem? Never had that before..

here's a screenshot : https://photos.app.goo.gl/DMeSovACYKTDrnQa7

Please share the file that was the source of your linked screenshot.  Upload it to a free server, make it public (share), copy the shared link and post it here.

Under OPTIONS | DISK tab, Clear Unused Cache Files, the try the export again.

Though it's best to export using the VP version in which the project was made, you might try the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

6 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi,  If you still can't correct the exposure with the Exposure effect (Value should be set at around 0.25 - 0.5) then try applying the Auto levels effect.

Thanks, but the problem is not the correction of the exposure. When I export the final video file the result is overexposed as in the screenshot (compare to the preview where the correction is done).

14 hours ago, borate said:

Came up fine, using your settings, in VP version 8.31.

I tried again after cleaning the cache, same result... I tried with one single file, it worked perfectly. Might be a problem with the project. I prefer not to download the latest because I will lose the license in 6 months. What about re-installing it?

Hi

Your settings seem way over the top for this clip...

• Exposure effect +10 (I presume you mean a setting of 1.0
  • Colour Adjustments ......... Brightness=30   Contrast = 10   Gamma = 1......

aaa.jpg

Which produces a result that  is identical to  your screenshot.

Please try just either Auto Levels   or just   Exposure effect of just 0.5

Nat

I tried with one single file and the result was good and the same as in the preview image in VideoPad. And yes you're right i meant 0.10 and not 10 for exposure. 0.10 is the value I used and still have the overexposed result shown in the screeshot when exporting the entire video. The problem might be in the project itself, seems like the effects are added many times, i don't know why...

You can test the latest and still fall back to your licensed version at anytime, with no penalty.  Retain your code and the installer file.  And reinstalling won't hurt either.

Have you inadvertently added the exposure effect to the file in the BIN and then again to that clip on the sequence?

To see if it's the project itself causing the issue, please share.  It's not difficult, takes only minutes and can be done privately.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

For reasons unknown your sequence was corrupt.   Here's what you can do to fix it...

1.  With your project fully loaded click anywhere within the sequence.

2.  Press <ctrl-A>.

3.  Press <ctrl-C>

4. At the right of the Sequence 1 tab (above the timeline, on the left side), click the + sign to create a new, blank Sequence 2.

5.  Press <ctrl-V>

This is your new sequence.  Work with it or export from it, ignoring Sequence 1.  That should give you good results.  Report back.

Glad it worked out.  It was later realized that the fault was due to a color adjustment effect  that had been applied to Sequence 1 in the bin, which was amplifying those on individual clips.

It also was noted that an equalizer audio effect had been applied to every audio tack 1 clip.  Those were unnecessary, as no EQ changes were configured.

7 hours ago, borate said:

It also was noted that an equalizer audio effect had been applied to every audio tack 1 clip.  Those were unnecessary, as no EQ changes were configured.

Something like this I thought also, but didn't figure out how to realize it and to fix it. For the audio track I guess it's because I forgot to configure the equalizer... With the 7.10 version equalizer setting are not saved when saving the project and have to be configurated again every time a project is open. I think this would be a nice developpment to fix that problem. Or is it already so in the latest version?

• borate changed the title to Exposure problem when exporting