Preview Resolution

swiss2008

Good afternoon, 

On the previous version of video pad I was using it used to have an option to change the quality/resolution of the preview screen, which was good for my as my machines struggles a bit sometimes, how can I do that on the newest version?  7.34

Thank you in advance!!  

Preview res is tied to monitor res now and cannot be changed.

If your machine is struggling, this may be an option.  It's a technique employed when working with large files or marginal hardware.

You can also test more recent VP versions.  Here's the current release.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.

Hi

The newest versions of VP  (8.10 for windows) no longer have that option . The preview resolution is set at a usable value as caching has been improved and the selected resolution generally works OK.. If you use high resolution files then using copy "proxy" files of lower resolution may be an answer.

Nat

Hi thank you both, I'm running 7.34, would there be any advantage to upgrading?  I think I've had a licence for over six months...

Your advice has helped me solve my issue, but in a different way, I've been adjusting my screen resolution and it works perfectly, no issues previewing at all!!

Thank you again for your help!!