No sound for avi created in Debut Professional

costertag

I spent the last 4 hours creating a video slideshow in Debut Professional and saved the file as an avi which I thought had both video and sound.  I cannot get sound when I run the video or if i reload back into Debut,  I tried to bring into Video Pad and the video is there but no sound.  I then went into Wavepad and it would not let me bring in the avi file.  For most of you this is probably simple but I'll be darned if I can figure it out.  Any tips?

Let's take a look at that file.  Upload it to a free server, then make it public (share it) and post the shared link here.  We'll check it out for you.

How to include a link to screenshots (or any file) in your forum post:

Screenshots or a file can often help describe the problem better. Upload the item to Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, etc.
Copy (share) the URL and paste it into your post here.

Thanks for sharing.  Your audio is there, but it's extremely weak in volume.  Check Debut/Windows recording settings for your next production.

To correct this file yourself...

Load the AVI file into Videopad and place it on the sequence

Right-click the audio track and EDIT IN WAVEPAD

In Wavepad click the LEVELS tab.

Click NORMALIZE on the toolbar and click APPLY

Click the red X at the top-right then click SAVE | OK

The corrected audio file will be loaded into Videopad

Great fix and I will check out your suggestion.  I tried before to do what you suggested but didn't see the sound track.  Let me go work on it some more.  I will  have to redo this anyway because of sound quality and background noise and ordered a video / mic recorder to increase quality.

Great quick response

I think I finally got it and figured, so  I am letting others know.

1. As I stated previously my first effort to fix the issue was to load to Videopad.  The issue was I didn't realize the volume was low, so low that the audio line at the bottom of the screen was a flat line.  I therefore thought I had no audio.  Even after I played the video multiple times I never heard anything.  So, after your post I looked around and right clicked on the volume of the audio below the video timeline to the left before the timeline.  It said 100% volume.  I then right clicked on the audio timeline and noticed a save as audio clip as new file.  I did that and now I have something to work with in Wavepad or Videopad.  Hope this helps others.  Since I can't post pics here I will put them at the link below but will not maintain this link for a long time.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkOc6u-oud-ikrBBgVW-jp_f0i5wlQ?e=AZ8pCH

One more issue.  I decided to try to modify the audio in Wavepad and it worked great.  I increased quite a bit and then reduced background noise.  I saved the file and uploaded it to video pad to the audio files section.  I placed the avi file on the timeline with no isssues,  I then placed the wav file on the timeline and it deletes the avi file from the timeline.  I assume because the avi file has audio.  I played around and could not figure it out.  I tried to see if i could record but it doesn't override the original avi audio.  Can you split the audio out of the avi file and run the recording while viewing the video so I can redo the audio.  Not a biggie at this time because I need to redo this whole thing anyways.  Just trying to figure out the tools I purchased.  The more I learn about them the better I like them.   Sorry to bother you, should I start a new post for these topics.

Hi

1. Place the avi file on Track 1. It's audio will appear on Audio Track 1
  2. Mute Audio Track 1 by clicking the speaker icon at the far left of the track. The track should go dark
  3. Drag and drop the new wav audio onto Audio track 2. under the still visible but muted audio
  4. Line them up. If they are the same you could zoom in and line up any obvious peaks. 

Adding the WAV should not delete the avi.

Nat

The video file is linked to its audio.  Right-click on either the video or audio track and UNlink them.  That done, audio can be deleted and your Wavepad-revised audio inserted.  The is an alternate approach to what Nat suggests.

The easiest way to handle this may be via the procedure outlined in my 4:39 post above.  VP and WP are integrated, and the revised file will be automatically substituted for the original audio.  Took only seconds here with your file.

But you really don't need to employ Wavepad for this.  VP has NORMALIZING and EQ tools that can do the job as well.  Click the FX button on the audio clip.

• borate changed the title to No sound for avi created in Debut Professional