Jerky, stuttery scrolling text...

swiss2008

Good evening, I'm hoping you can help me, I just made a video with scrolling text, right to left and it's all stuttery and jumpy, what am I doing wrong, the frame rate I used for the file is variable smart max 38fps...

Here is the video, text is at 00:00:16, 00:00:36... etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpFEePkvVR4

Thank you  in advance!!  😃

It appears that the scroll is moving too fast.  Extend the clip duration by dragging its borders, so the action lasts longer.

Do a quick upload and share the project and someone will take a look.  It's not difficult...

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Think of the text having to scroll from right to left in a certain time. The shorter the time, the more jerky it will be as less frames can be used in that time and the text still has to cross the screen. Increasing the frame rate will smooth the text movement out to some extent but still may not be really effective. A better solution is to increase the duration  the text clip so it takes more time  to scroll across the screen.  The number of frames used will correspondingly increase and a smoother action will be seen.

Just drag out the ends of the text image until it looks better. Of course the duration of the scroll should also be chosen so that the text can be easily read.

Nat