Adding Subtitles to Video

amanson

Hi,

I am desperately trying to add the subtitles that took me tens of hours to make, to the video. It should be the easiest thing to do and yet there a million options available except adding the subtitles to the freaking video! 

The subtitles appear in the Subtitles screen, but I have no way of adding them to the video, so they don't appear when I play the video on the main screen, and of course when I export the video they don't appear either. 

Please help, this is driving me crazy!

OK I've solved the problem. Videopad had modified my subtitles to make them appear all within four of five minutes of the video, which is very strange. Thankfully I was able to open a backup file where the subtitles hadn't been modified in this way.

Hi

In the S/T editor you will see your clip on the right.  As you write the S/T text,  the area in the clip where it will appear will brighten and you will see red START and a blue STOP markers. Your S/T will appear between these points in time. These can be dragged to position/extend/shorten the time the S/T is present.

aa.jpg

If you now click the  Add (Green cross) your S/T will be listed in the editor with the Start and Stop times and you can now start another S/T     If, however you start a new S/T without moving the markers, the new S/T will appear in the same place and overlap the old S/T

Once you have clicked the Green + in the editor the S/T is saved to the timeline and will appear at the designated place when the sequence is previewed.

In effect S/T appear on the timeline as you create them. You can also save them as an SSA or SRT file that can be loaded back.

Nat

Nat wrote: I

If you now click the  Add (Green cross) your S/T will be listed in the editor with the Start and Stop times and you can now start another S/T     If, however you start a new S/T without moving the markers, the new S/T will appear in the same place and overlap the old S/T

Seeing slightly different behavior in v7.39.  When composing one S/T sequentially, clicking ADD normally will jump the marker to the end of the previous subtitle.