Frame cut overlap error

gdog

I try to do that as much as possible but I also apply different filters/fades/spacing to different layers. And it doesn't always fix the problem. The problem is the text content clip overlapping the previous video content clip cut by a frame on export. Not how I edited it.

I just want to say because of this POS software, I have to go through the hassle of finding and reedit the final exports to cut out the parts where a single frame of text overlaps the previous video clip.

Hi

Have you tried stepping along the timeline using  >II   or II<  buttons under the sequence preview screen to jump the cursor line to the edge of a clip and then dragging the text on the track above to the cursor line? (or doing this before creating the text.) The text will automatically jump to the cursor line and shouldn't overlap.

Nat

I almost never use the videopad frame by frame because it doesn't jog frame by frame. I click and drag the red line. But really that's irrelevant because I do rely on the snap cuts, and like I said earlier the problem isn't in the edit, which shows everything lining up perfectly, the problem is on export it messes itself up.

Sometimes the transitions mess up too. Like I had a clip that stuttered a frame on the cross fade transition, which again doesn't show on the edit composition or even sequence preview but shows on the export playback. Or I'd have two text clips of the same text connected the latter one I added an fx blur. On the connect, the text disappears/blinks for a single frame on the transition. 

I had a clip that stuttered a frame on the cross fade transition, which again doesn't show on the edit composition or even sequence preview but shows on the export playback.

Export at the suggested 45 smart frame rate.  If that doesn't cure it, try changing the duration of the transition rate slightly.

I'd have two text clips of the same text connected the latter one I added an fx blur. On the connect, the text disappears/blinks for a single frame on the transition. 

Tested two identical text clip overlays, the 2nd blurred, with a crossfade between them.  No glitch.

Instead, It might be better to use a single text clip and animate the blur.  Fewer steps, no transition needed.  Both results looked the same here.

The problem is the text content clip overlapping the previous video content clip cut by a frame on export. Not how I edited it.

Upload a project that contains this error;  someone will check it out.  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

Ok, I exported the project on 45 smart and the stutter maybe looks better? But still there. Maybe I'm imagining it's better. Previously I was exporting on 24 fps. But the frame overlap is still present. With the text, I just extended part of the text clip over the other on a different track and that worked.