Disapointed I Am

FlyingNando SV

New here and am starting with a disapointed post 

Am I alone with my issues 

Have used Media Pad for over two years on a Windows 7 on an old laptop
Recently found the limit of that machine, so purchased a new gaming laptop (16gig Ram, SSD,
GTX 1660Ti, running windows 10
The latest version of Video pad is a mess with many issues that I never had before on the older version
Have had A crash once 
It adds things to my timeline that I did not select
When exporting Video, it started and when it got to about 7%, it started the process again 
When adding an overlay, if I close the effects window, the effects that I have selected disappear
And after the crash today, I followed the recommendation and installed the Beta version, it made no difference 

The last video I exported was just under 2min, yet when playing the video after it was exported, it was over 6min long couz of some crap on the time line that i never put there. This is not the 1st time it's done this. It did it to a video that uploaded to YouTube and only noticed after people had started watching  it. The old version did not have these issues

The new laptop, like the old one is dedicated only for editing. It has Google chrome for me to upload to YouTube and absolutely nothing else has been added
This is not what I expected, and am very disappointed 

Recently found the limit of that machine, so purchased a new gaming laptop (16gig Ram, SSD,  GTX 1660Ti, running windows 10.

Very similar specs on the PC here.

Have had A crash once.  It adds things to my timeline that I did not select.

No crashes of note.  In some builds (there may be several with the same version #), adding a single new clip to the bin will place it on the sequence or append it to the end.  If this occurs and is not wanted, Use <ctrl-Z> (EDIT|UNDO) to remove it.  The 'feature' is being evaluated.

When exporting Video, it started and when it got to about 7%, it started the process again. 

Don't recall experiencing that or seeing it reported.  What were the export settings?

When adding an overlay, if I close the effects window, the effects that I have selected disappear.
And after the crash today, I followed the recommendation and installed the Beta version, it made no difference. 

Tested two overlays, each with a different effect, and all persisted after closing the effects window.  No other reports on that, AFAIK.

Betas undergo frequent revisions, even though the version # doesn't change.  It's a continuous development cycle.  That nice - for improvements .  No so much so for bugs that can creep in.  When spotted, they are quickly addressed.

The last video I exported was just under 2min, yet when playing the video after it was exported, it was over 6min long cuz of some crap on the time line that i never put there.

Before exporting, click the double-arrow, bottom-right, to display the entire sequence.  Excise extraneous material.  image.png

Report issues by clicking the chevron at the top-right of the VP screen.  If there's a specific project that isn't playing nicely, please share it so others can troubleshoot.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Click FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT.  Then share the link.

1 hour ago, borate said:

Very similar specs on the PC here.

No crashes of note.  In some builds (there may be several with the same version #), adding a single new clip to the bin will place it on the sequence or append it to the end.  If this occurs and is not wanted, Use <ctrl-Z> (EDIT|UNDO) to remove it.  The 'feature' is being evaluated.

[The old version never and I mean neaver had this issue ]

Don't recall experiencing that or seeing it reported.  What were the export settings?

[Export settings are custom. Haven't changed it since installing. Footage is 4k, and have left that alone ]

Tested two overlays, each with a different effect, and all persisted after closing the effects window.  No other reports on that, AFAIK.

[Added my logo, shrunk the logo and then moved the logo to the corner, and it did something similar yesterday on my other video, again on my old laptop with the old version besides it being very slow, never had this issue - keeping in mind tgat I have been using Video Pad for two years before this]

Betas undergo frequent revisions, even though the version # doesn't change.  It's a continuous development cycle.  That nice - for improvements .  No so much so for bugs that can creep in.  When spotted, they are quickly addressed.

Before exporting, click the double-arrow, bottom-right, to display the entire sequence.  Excise extraneous material.  image.png

[Again on the old version, working the same way/methods, I had no issues ]

Report issues by clicking the chevron at the top-right of the VP screen.  If there's a specific project that isn't playing nicely, please share it so others can troubleshoot.

[Don't see that, however maybe me not looking properly]

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

[Will keep this in mind thanx

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Click FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT.  Then share the link.

[Thanx for your help, my projects can all be shared - no sensitive  stuff on them. They are almost all for YouTube,  we are trying to grow our channels]

If your project does not retain effects or export correctly, link it here.  That's the best way to sort out issues.

bug.jpg

Added an overlay logo still image to a track 1 video here, then used the SCALE effect to size and position it, and the transparency effect to let the background show through.  Worked fine.

As for automatically placing a single-clip bin import on the timeline - if that's your issue - it is a feature that may or may not survive, based on user input.  Voice yours by making a suggestion from the menu above.  If you reinstall the program that behavior may change.  Sometimes it takes several installs.

Thanx for the screen shot, showing me where to report bugs

As for automatically  placing items in the time line, it has done that  however  my biggest issues with it is when placing a video clip on the timeline that I have selected, it sometimes also places the unwanted rest of clip onto the time line

Again, all these issues that I have are issues tgat I never had with the old version - v5.03

Not totally clear on what is happening when it "also places the unwanted rest of clip on the time line."

But, to easily cut out a section of a clip, preview it in the bin.  Then move the scrubber (red line) under the PV window to the start point and click the Set Start button.  Move the scrubber to the intended end and click  the Set End button. 

Then click the ADD button and the clip will be overlaid at the scrubber location on the sequence.  Click the chevron to the right of ADD for alternatives on where the clip will be placed.

image.png

Much has changed since the 5x series, and it will take time to learn the nuances.  Of course, that version can still be used, but don't expect full compatibility with the latest.

Again thanx for the effort to help, however  have been doing this for two years, and hence my concern to the point that I have taken the time to try and find a salution to the issues 

You say that much has changed since the 5x, that is all very nice,  however if it does not work properly then what is the point of changing everything and us paying for something that does not work properly and flawlessly like it used to, sadly leaving me wondering if I shouldn't  of gone with the advice of friends and gotten different  software - very sad situation 

Part of the issue, is that when I add to my time line, it often takes the part thatI did not select along with and it even shows where it has been cut

It looks like I need to do editing with a camera on the screen to show the issues

That is the first report of this seen here.

If you follow the above suggestion on how to split out a clip from the bin and drop it onto the sequence results should be as intended.

Yes, a video of what is occurring would be helpful.

You might also uninstall completely, using this tool, then reinstall the most recent VP version.  Take care to uninstall only VP entries.

Hi

It's not a fault I have come across either (Yet). However you could try this approach and see if it works....(VP 7.30)

1. Place the clips that make up your project on the timeline as you would normally do.
  2. On the timeline, Left click on the clip you want to shorten/edit. It will grey-out showing that you have selected it and  It will appear in the Clip Preview window. (It's useful to display both preview windows...Options/Display/Show dual previews.
  3. Now when you drag your IN/OUT markers under Clip Preview image to isolate the section of the clip required , that  clip on the timeline should update as you do it. As you release the each marker the clip will split and delete at the points selected. It will drop back to the preceding clip closing any gap created and any following clips will automatically drop back to fill any gap following the selection.

Nat

So though I would do some editing tonigh, only to get frustrated by the the bugs that people say they have never seen

The older version was much better, and had  no/zero issues 

Took a video with my cell phone of the screen, have given live cometary so that people can see what a load of junk the new version is, 

If need be will do another video to show how the older version works flawlessly with no issue, as I still have the old laptop with the older  version it

Just that for the more complex editing my old laptop could not cope

Will post a link to the video as soon as it's ready, as I need to bluer out my email address, so as not to have it all over YouTube

Video Pad is full of bugs - this is not on

Either this needs to get sorted out quickly or Video pad needs to make the older versions available