How to export without deleted areas

froggy47

I deleted a lot of a long video which now shows as black areas on the sequence. Tried to export as normal & that's fine EXCEPT the software also exports the deleted (black) areas as if they were video. WTF? This does not make any sense to me, but what do I know? Not enough I guess. How do I export the video WITHOUT the black/deleted areas? Thanks I hope.

I did r-click & don't recall that option, will try again now. THANKS!

Tried, in the upper window and the sequence below, no option  will try in storyboard mode, I never use that.

Storyboard only had one very small piece of a clip. Not the whole set of about 8 clips with lots deleted,

Let's take a look. 

Please share your project so others can analyze it.  Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.

Click FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT.  Then share the link.

C:\Users\Bob\Desktop\YT Videos backup\Home repair chainsaw work fell tree near fence danger accidents by froggy

See above on Google Drive

All I did was...

Multiple video clips with pixel 3xl phone, xfer to my desktop.

Drag into videopad, delete extraneous footage using split function (shows as black & or gray boxes)

Export video file onto folder on my desktop

Upload to YT using YT uploaded (not the uploader inside Videopad)

Uploaded video on YT includes many minutes of black deleted footage.

THX

PS I have done this hundreds of times without as much deleted footage with zero problems, this is a paid pro ver. of videopad.

Bob (froggy's garage)

In order to share the project, please follow the instructions in the above link on saving as a portable project.  After uploading to Drive, share the link and post it here.

Drag into videopad, delete extraneous footage using split function (shows as black & or gray boxes) .

That would be normal.  Each time a black/gray box is created, right-click on it and CLOSE GAP.  After all gaps are closed, export.

When deleting clips, use DELETE (ripple) and all material to the right of the excised clip will move left, with no gap.

I did what you said in the upper (preview box ) and nothing happens. I used down arrow to move it down to the timeline/storyboard area and rclick in a black box and the complete movie is deleted, not just the black box area (what I want to delete).

Please help.

This is the finished movie I am working with. Do I have to start over and edit each of a dozen clips individually, then drag them one by one onto timeline? Sigh.

You have clips in the bin (upper-left).  They can be dragged to the sequence in full.  Or, to easily use just a segment of a bin clip, select (highlight) it.

Then, in the preview window (top-right) drag the scrubber (red line) to where you want to begin.  Click the Set Start button.

Drag the line to where you want the clip to end.  Click the Set End button.

Click the small chevron to the right of the ADD button (under the preview window) and choose where you want the clip to be placed.  It will appear there on the sequence.

If you want to delete any clip in the sequence, right-click it and DELETE.  A gap will be left.  Right-click that gap and CLOSE GAP.

If you instead use DELETE (ripple) there will be no gap.  The clips to the right of the deleted clip will snap to the left.

Again, to let folks run your project, share it as described above.

Hi

You could also ....... (VP 7.30)

• Add all your clips to the timeline in the order required
  • Select one of them on the timeline that you wish to edit
  • In the Clip Preview window use the START/END Markers to isolate the segment required. The clip on the timeline will be automatically split and shortened. Any gap created is automatically closed. . There is no need to split the timeline and close the gaps manually doing it this way.

The edited clip can be re-edited in the same way if it is not correct. The edited timeline should now be what is exported.

Nat

4.11 is four years old and much has changed.  The techniques described earlier are focused on v6.x and v7.x.  Upgrade.  Bear in mind that unlicensed copies will disable certain features.  Also, due to improvements and changes in how things are done, full backward compatibility cannot be guaranteed.  It's best to export with the version that created the project.

To sum up...

1.  When a clip is deleted using the DEL key or a right-click|DELETE a gap will be left.  Close it with a right-click|CLOSE GAP.  Use a right-click|DELETE (ripple) and there will be no gap.

2.  To move a portion of a clip in the bin to the sequence, first select it, then move the red line to the start.  Click SET START.  Move the line to the end and click SET END.  Click the chevron to the right of the ADD button and choose where the clip is to be placed.

3.  To trim a clip that's already on the sequence, select it, then click the Preview tab above the preview window.  Mark the SET START and SET END points.  The sequence clip will be trimmed without gaps.

4.  Of course, a clip on the sequence can be simply split out (which creates a new sequence clip) and the unwanted adjacent clips deleted.

Trim procedures, using the SET buttons, apply to video clips, not to still images.

Check out the tutorials.

Hi, I downloaded the latest update to my paid version, it says it's "unlicensed", is this a problem? Do I need to pay for every update? IIRC the original had a limit on the size or run time on videos. I need to do videos of some length 20-30 min. Thanks.

I am trying to see if this new version solves my problem with deleting sections of clips. Wish me luck.

Loading the audio seems to take maybe 10x as long on this version, pretty slow. When I look at the clips I added (original clips in upper left box) the audio processing is "bouncing around" from .mp4 to the next and I can't tell what's been processed and what has not? Do I wait like a couple of hours until all that bouncing activity stops?

I am following the instructions on your post (time post 1:21). Doesn't work. I drag the red line to where I want to start the DELETE, click start. Drag the blue line to where I want to end delete . THE END BUTTON IS GRAYED OUT. Cannot click it. So this very simple to me procedure is already not working. Can you help?

Unlicensed versions may be limited in specific features after the trial period.  Don't recall if that includes a limitation on length.

Licensed versions have no run-time or other limits and can be upgraded for free within six months of purchase.  After that time, there is a fee.

The best way to get a handle on your issues is to share a project.  Precisely follow the steps here.

Long story short, I was dragging the red bracket/click begin, drag the blue bracket/click end. That made common sense to me. What you need is drag red line, click begin, drag RED LINE AGAIN, click end.

Somewhere I think I saw the editor called "intuitive" and I gotta take exception to that, nonetheless thanks for sticking with my issue, BOB

:)