VIDEOPAD HAS STOPPED EXPORTING IMAGES

SAMUEL321

Hello there

I bought the professional version of videopad a few days ago. I am new to it.

At first I  created a few videos okay. like 5. Both images and audio all worked fine. 

Then, all of a sudden, it stopped exporting images and it is only exporting the audio. 

I have wasted a lot of time trying to fix it with no success. I even tried by reinstalling the software.

I am very disappointed as I feel like I only just wasted my money.  Is this kind of problem common. Is it bugs in the software?

Please, if anyone has experience with this kind of problem and especially how to fix it, would you kindly help.

Thanks

S

It's not common.  What VP version did you install?  The latest is here.  First, back up your work with FILE|SAVE PROJECT AS, giving it a unique # or name so as not to overwrite an earlier back up.

Let someone take a look at the project.  Here's how...http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

When using the FILE menu be sure to save as PORTABLE project, zip the result, upload the zip file to a free server, share the file and post the shared link here or in a Personal Message to me (click the envelope at the top-right of this forum's index window).

I can confirm a similar problem, it's easy to reproduce:

1. Put any video clip into the timeline
2. Add an image (portrait format, e.g. 1080x1920) after that
3. Add another image (landscape format, e.g. 1920x1080) after that
4. Add the following effects to the portrait image:
    a) Letterbox to Aspect Ratio (Auto Aspect Ratio)
    b) Zoom (select any area)
    (Letterbox is at the bottom of the effects window, Zoom on top)
5. Export the video - the portrait image will not be shown, it's just black

This happens in versions 7.24 and 7.25 beta.

Hi Dangerfreak

Your suggested scenario also exports OK here as well using Version 7.25. Borate's example also saved and played normally (although he was using Letterbox to AR 16:9 and not Auto). If you have a short example which displays this fault, upload it to Google Drive or Dropbox and someone will take a look.

Nat

Thank you guys for stepping in. I have been using version 7.24 which is the one that downloads automatically. I am not sure where to find version 7.25.

I think I have found where the issue is!

I have just changed the resolution from ;Auto Match Content (2500 by 2304) and it has worked. Though it has given me smaller frame/images that are not particularly suitable for the Advert purpose I am creating. The Auto Match content (2500 by 2304) I had before was suitable and the right one. It is the one I require.

So, how do the one I want, that is, 2500 by 2304?

Thank you

S

Some confusion there.  You say 2500 x 2304 Auto Match works...but results in a smaller frame on export?  What is the resolution of that exported file?  And in what version of VP was it "suitable and the right one?"  What resolution was the exported file at that time?

Share your project, as instructed in my initial response, and someone will check it out. 

Hello Borate

Thank you for your response. Apologies for my lack of clarity.

I am on version 7.24. 

I created my original draft videos on Auto Match Content (2500 by 2304). They were the correct size. Then it stopped working, stopped exporting images.  only a blank screen and audio were exporting.

Tonight after reading your post, I tried a resolution of 1080 by 1920 vertical resolution (9:16). It worked. That is, I got the images back. The only problem is that  they are a much smaller in size and do not look good on the advert I am working on.

so, my problem is how to get it to work on 2500 by 2304 like it was doing before.

I hope this makes it clearer

Thanks

S