Not expanding video tracks correctly

nathra

For some reason VideoPad has started improperly expanding the video tracks in my project. Basically if I have more than one, such as 3 tracks, it makes the three tracks very small and makes the area where you drag your video to add a new track huge. I can't see to adjust it so I can see the tracks evenly distributed. The way it is I can't really see the clips in the tracks which makes it very difficult to edit. 

Thank you. 

Bob

Click the three-lined 'hamburger' icon at the top-left of the VP window, then click FILE menu, then VIEW and Restore Default Layout.

If that doesn't fix it, drag the little white bar that's just above the timeline's time scale up or down.  To expand/contract a track, click the white chevron, at the left.

image.png

Hi

VP 1.77 This how it should look......

Add 1 clip to Video Track 1..........

bb.jpg

The thumbnails on the track are of reasonable size. You can drag the white bar (seen above the red cursor line) up or down to reduce or expand the thumbnails. This actually is at the expense of the preview screen size which that control is adjusting. You can also click the down/up triangle at the extreme left end of the track to reduce or enlarge the Track.

Add a second clip this time to Video Track 2 (The overlay track)....

dd.jpg

The thumbnails will reduce in size as shown. This is normal and the size is the maximum you will have with more than 1 track in use.  However  moving the white bar up will not increase their  size above this.(but it will make the preview smaller.) The result is that   the Drag and Drop area will become higher at the expense of the preview screen/s Note that clicking the white triangle at the left will shrink the track down even smaller .....So check you haven't done this.

ee.jpg

.OK...Put this back to "full" size and add a further clip to Video Track 3 (Overlay track)........

gg.jpg

The thumbnails will now remain the same size (unless the track is collapsed). Initially Video Track 1 may not be visible but dragging up the white bar will bring it into view. At the Screen resolution I have set on my PC one can have a maximum of 5 tracks visible "full" size without having to scroll up the track area using the slider at the right. If your PC is set with a higher resolution you may see more (but relatively smaller)

I suggest that you might try to slide the white bar up or down since with two tracks in use and a reduced preview screen size (as the slider is too high) the Drag and drop area can be quite large....

ww.jpg

Hope this helps.

Nat

• 1 year later...

Having read all the above, I still have video tracks that are much smaller than the max height I have been working with. I want to return to the full height so I can work on the clips. How can I return to the max height? The white triangles are pointing down. When clicked to point right, the video track is minute!

I'm not sure - I believe so. I left the PC for 10 mins  and came back to the reduced height - I may have touched a control in error??

Link to my screen shot:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1geXwuCbmsy9K3xRLjbWvWIwVnwqC6VSF/view?usp=sharing

Just noticed that on opening earlier projects, the video track is full height. So my problem seems connected with the latest project. Worth noting also that VP is slow to close or even hangs - but not every time. 

0100h CET so off to sleep now - back tomorrow!

Sorry wrong item - pls ignore the above link - it was the transition issue from previous

Try this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1geXwuCbmsy9K3xRLjbWvWIwVnwqC6VSF/view?usp=sharing

Just found that adding text created a second video track and compressed the first rendering it impossible to work on the first.

Hi

If you create a text clip it will automatically be positioned on the first available overlay track at the cursor position. However, if all the tracks are empty when the text is created then the text clip will be placed in the image clip bin.

Once you have two tracks created (e.g. main video overlaid by text clip) then the tracks are reduced in height. Currently you cannot make them any higher, even though the empty overlay space (Drag and drop) area may seem very wide. There have been suggestions to make the tracks fit to this available height leaving a constant width strip for Drag and drop, but so far it remains as it is. Of course multiple tracks are even narrower!

However, if you set up Dual displays in Options you should easily be able to monitor both the selected track clip as well as the Sequence track.

Nat

Many thanks Nat. I was pleased to see it wasn't my error! It would seem one must do the text work last after doing all the video editing (which is what I did). 

Couple of other points I made earlier (i) VP often hangs when closing (ii) I made alot of mistakes posting last night and asked how to delete my wasted posts - however it seems someone has done it for me - Is it possible to do it myself if needs be?