Pictures freezing on Video Track 1

Mike Nomic

I have imported a clip, and the pictures that appear on Video Trackl 1 used to follow the progress of the video.

I have started editing, and now the pictures that appear on Video Trackl 1 'freeze' and just repeat one picture until the end of the video.

If I move the cursor across the affected area, the video is frozen.

If I use the '>' button below the Sequence Preview in the upper right-hand area of the screen, the video appears to play ok.

If I move the cursor to the 'frozen' area, and then use the '>' button below the Sequence Preview in the upper right-hand area of the screen, the video jerks back and forth over a frame or two, and a message is displayed at the bottom left of the Sequence Preview screen showing 'Building Preview ... Please wait' and nothing progresses any further.

The video plays ok on other players, so I don't think the clip is at fault. I've tried re-importing it, and it makes no difference.

Please advise.

Mike.

Let's take a look.  With the problem evident on the timeline, upload the project and share it.  Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

Be sure to save as a PORTABLE project, copy/share the uploaded link and paste it here.

Alternatively, if this is but a single errant clip, upload the clip.

Before loading the project, Clear Unused Cache Files, under OPTIONS|DISK.

Hi Mike

if you have had no problems with previous large files then it most likely is not your PC. Have you cleared the cache file? If not it may be very large. Another possibility is that a portion of the .avi file is corrupted. Does it play OK in its entirety in a different player like VLC? Try using a program like NCH Prism to convert the .avi to another format of lower resolution and see if this stops the problem

If all other things fail then uninstall the current program including data and reinstall.

Nat