long export time

dianalundquist

Hi

Absolutely! The process of exporting videos can be very slow depending on your hardware. Older PCs can take a long time...several hours in some cases to export even quite short movies. (30 mins +)  It also depends to some extent on the format chosen. Big projects (e.g.  2hrs or more!) can take all night. One user here exported a short project in 11 mins...on my machine (an old Vista PC) the same took around 55 minutes (although export parameters may have been different).  Provided the export window shows the video position updating at a regular speed rest assured things are working.

I have just exported a 37 minute mpeg4  H264 Hi Quality 1280 x 720p and it took 4 hours  32 seconds to complete. Assuming my PC is a little slower than your own it's about par for the course.

Nat

Video editing/exporting is resource intensive, as Nat notes.

If you are willing, folks might like to compare export times for your 37" project.  Please upload the project to a free server, such as MS OneDrive.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

Share the file publicly and paste in the link here or in a personal message to me.

As you can see I’m having trouble with the text screens.

So it seems.  Share the PROJECT, not the export result, and folks will check out why the text has been chopped.  Just follow the instructions at the "Tips" link above.

See twelve files in Google Drive, but more than 20 are missing, according to Videopad.

Be sure that ALL the files are on the timeline, just as they would be if you were about to export the project.  Then Save As Portable Project.  Zip it.  Upload it.

In Drive, after all have loaded, right-click on the zipfile and  SHARE|GET A LINK.  Copy it, then paste that link into your post here.  That should avoid having to ask for permission.

Yes, something is falling through the cracks.  That is just the .vpj file once again.  Google Drive does succeed on tests with other VP projects here, so it's not clear what is occurring.

1.  Have the project on the timeline

2.  Click FILE|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT and indicate the folder where it will be saved

3.  Open folder where the file was saved.  Confirm that it contains all your project files plus the .vpj file

Taking a slightly different approach, and assuming you are using Windows 10

4.  Click a blank spot in the screen that lists the files and press <ctrl-A> on the keyboard.  All files will be selected (highlighted)

5.  Right-click on one of the selected files and click SEND TO|COMPRESSED FOLDER.  This will create a yellow folder named xxx.zip

6.  In Google Drive, click NEW|FILE UPLOAD.  Locate the zipfile and double-click on it.  A progress box should appear at the bottom-right of the window

7.  When the upload is complete,, right-click on the zipfile and click SHARE|GET SHARABLE LINK.   Paste it here.

Good work!

Corrected a glitch at 7:45 and repositioned the 'choir' slide to the head of that clip.  Export took 19 minutes, which demonstrates the benefit of higher-end hardware.

The text issue you saw was due to accepting the "auto-match" export suggestion.  It's a guess, based on source files.  For your project, chose 1920x1080 HD letterbox.