Capture / Record Video

Motim

Hello Forum,

I have some video vcr cassetes left and want to make a dvd out of them. (Still have a vcr player). Purchased a usb capture device (usb video capture), bundled with driver and software.

My question: If I just install the driver, is it possible to use the capture option in "VideoPad" program, to eliminate installing additional program ?

OS win 10 pro 64bit (1709), lot of disk space, ram 8 gb, i5 intel cpu.

Answers will be appreciated.

Thanks

Motim

Hi

The capture device (grabber) will function with VP provided VP recognizes it.  (VP 6.30 on an old Vista PC)

Plug the video and sound leads into the VCR (red white and yellow plugs) and the USB and Audi jack plug into the PC. There is no need to run the player software supplied with the grabber (but install it on your PC anyway.) Open VP and click  Record/Record Video. Your grabber device should be listed in the top box on the right hand side of the preview window. (For me this is UTV2820 Video)

Set up options as required and press Play on the VCR. The tape image should now be seen . Click the red button below the window to record the tape. This creates a file in the Video clip bin and a copy in the default video folder as set under Options Click the white square to stop recording.

Nat

HI

VP 6.30

My "grabber is one of the small A/D cards in a plastic case with a USB and mike plug at one end and 4 leads at the other. It has its own REC button and two leds red/blue to indicate when it is on and when it is recording. Assuming you have loaded the drivers and  a suitable version of DirectX and the "grabber" version is compitable with your operating system proceed as follows...

• Plug in the USB and the sound jack plug into the PC mike socket. (My socket is color coded pink although the plug is green) The LED showing  the "grabber" is alive should light.(Mine is blue)
  • Plug in the White/Red/Yellow leads to the VCR or use a SCART adapter or the SVideo plug and turn on the VCR.
  • Open VP and select New Project.
  • Click the Record button on the toolbar and select Record Video. The Capture Video window should now open showing the name of your capture device in the top box. As mentioned in my post, here it shows UTV2820 video.
  • Start the VCR playing. The recording on the tape should now appear playing in the preview pane.
  • Click the red button below the image to start recording the tape. (You can to this in reverse order if you like..."grabber" first and then VCR)
  • Click the white square button to stop recording
  • The recorded clip will now appear in the Clip bin as My video  - 0001.mpg4 and a copy will be saved to the default folder set up under Options/Disk/Captured Videos

If you are still getting an error message what does this say?

Nat