how to sort in the BIN on LAST CHANGE DATE , NOT on CREATION DATE

leo getz

hi experts, 

I just purchased videopad, but cannot use it at the moment because of this issue.  Here is the scenario:

I have made ~80 videoclips on 2 Iphones during my holiday.  I copied these files onto my windows 10 PC , in a folder. If i import them into the BIN I can only sort them on the creation date, which is incorrect, as it takes the COPY date not the Creation date. it means that the whole sequence is wrong.   How can i sort this correctly and then add it to my timeline? 

If you take Imovie for example, it will simply show the correct sequence of creation per day, and then gives you the option to select the clips, and it will add it in trhe correct sequense to the timeline.

anyone? is this a bug? it seems such an out of the box feature that i cant believe videopad does not support this, however, i can also not add fields to the bin view , other then the out of the box fields, like name , creation date etc. I also tried the IOS app and it is having exactly the same behavior it seems.

thanks,

Leo

Hi

VP adds files to the bin in numerical/alphabetical order. If you choose a block of unsorted files from your PC storage folder they are re-sorted by VP when they arrive in the clip bin. You can reverse the order in the bin if you go into LIST view and click the small up arrow in the box marked Name . Apart from that I don't think you can vary the order of the clips in the bin. Even if you re-order the clips in the Add Files box they still load to the clip bin in alpha/numeric order. Even loaded individually in the desired order VP still resorts them on arrival. Can't think of away around that.

Obviously you can add them to the timeline in any order but not en bloc unless the bin order is what you want. Outside of VP you can use a free program like Irfanview which will let you set up a list of clips from your holding folder, and let you re-sort them into any order you wish. You can then  re-number the list so they will load to VP in the numbered order, and they will then, of course load to the clip bin and so to the timeline in the order you wanted.

Nat

Videos were loaded into VP.  From LIST view, click the view menu, then media bin|sort|creation.  The result is that media bin LIST view showed them to be sorted by creation.

When all were selected and dropped onto the timeline, they loaded in creation order.

However, if those files were first copied to another folder their creation dates were updated by Windows to today's date, and VP, accordingly,  loaded them in random order.

yes, its exactly that.  that  view menu - sort  needs the last change date  option,  then its fixed. Then I can bulk load my files into the bin, hit that sort option, drag all the files onto the timeline, fix a few clip issues and export. Now its * a lot of* of work to sync and sort the 2 separate capture devices into the correct sequence. You will always grab your files from whatever device and drop them into a temp folder first.   I now used Pinnacle and with that one i am able to pre sort on last change date and than drop it all onto the timeline.   I am hoping they will add this feature soon, as I prefer videopad as quick editor.

Leo