cannot delete VideoPad Projekte folder

kjd

Hi all,

I deleted VideoPad from my PC (Windows 10) but still the folder 'VideoPad Projekt' pops up in my Documents. If I delete the folder, it comes back after a reboot.

What to do? Thank you!

Thank you for your swift reply.

I already uninstalled VideoPad through the regular control panel. This left some traces that I deleted manually. Still the folder reappears.

If I follow your instructions I can't find NCH software or VideoPad in the list, so most of it is gone, just not the folder pop up.

19 hours ago, borate said:

Consider downloading, installing and running this.  If it lists Videopad, it might provide a more thorough UNinstall.

Excellent! That worked, thank you. I have used the program years ago, but glad that I could use it again. There was a lot of NCH-stuff buried deep in the registry.

KJD

Alas! The VideoPad Projekte folder appeared again!

What I did was install it, then ran Revo Uninstaller. Upon rebooting the folder did not appear (yesterday). Just now it surfaced again. Extremely annoying.

HI

I have a Videopad project folder (empty) that is at leat 4 years old (created 20/3/2013!) in my document folder.(It obviously never got overwritten when I installed later versions of the software.) It is still there even though I have deleted old versions of VP and installed newer versions. It's the default folder for your saved projects. If you save a project and stipulate a folder other than the default (or you browse for a folder) That folder becomes the default until you change it again. If you save your project as a portable project a new folder or your own can be set up which will also remain the default for that type of project save. If you manually delete the "My documents" videopad projects folder it will appear to have been removed but it will be regenerated when VP is run again.

If you uninstall VP from the control panel I would have expected the old, original Videopad project folder to be deleted. As I still have the old dated folder in "My documents" this may not be the case. However if you subsequently reinstall VP after uninstalling a version, it will be obviously regenerated as mentioned above (but why mine still has the old creation date I have no idea)

If you want to remove completely VP you could try this....

Create a PC restoration point to restore back to if any problem arises.

Open VP and note via tools/options/disk where the cache file is.

Try uninstalling first using the control panel in the normal way. Check if the cache file is still there and if so drag and drop it in the waste bin. Then do a search for all NCH folders and manually drag any relating to VP to the waste bin. Do a search for Videopad files and VP files etc. and drag these to the waste bin.

Do a regedit search for NCH videopad in the registery and delete all those.in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT that relate to NCH.Videopad

Then Check HKEY_CURRENT_USER /Software/NCH Software/ and delete the VideoPad folder.

Then check HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/NCH Software and delete the VideoPad folder

That should just about remove it all. Note the main uninstall should remove most of these anyway but check all the same.

If it is still there, manually delete the Videopad projects folder from "My documents"

Close down and Reboot the PC and check that VP has gone.

If you encounter any problems just restore back to your saved restoration point.

If all seems well then if you want to, reinstall VP.This of course will place a new Videopad projects folder into "My documents"

Worth a try

Nat