Add images as video hang

lsearl

Howdy,

I've encountered a problem with the "Add Images as Video" pop up menu item when right clicking in the "Video Files" tab and proceeding through the dialog(s). The application hangs.

I'm using VideoPad v 4.00 Unlicensed Basic Free Version on Windows 8.1.

Here is the sequence of events to reproduce:

Right click in the "Video Files" tab. Select the "Add Image Sequence as Video..." menu item when the menu pops up. The "Add Image Sequence as Video" dialog pops up. Leave all options alone in the dialog. Then click "Add Files..." button. Select a few JPG images (I used 10) from the "Select Image Sequence Files" file browser. Note: the images are 4608x3456 pixels. Click the "Open" button of the file browser. A dialog pops up with the text "Checking Images..." and a progress bar. This dialog quickly disappears. The "Add Image Sequence as Video" dialog then shows a blue rotating circle as the cursor. At this point application seems to be hung and unresponsive. If you click in the dialog the title is suffixed with the text "(Not Responding)".

So...

- Is this "Add Images as Video" not supported in the free version

- Are the images too large

Any other ideas.

Thanks.

leon

You would be clicking ADD FILES| IMPORT in the Add image sequence as video window.

But my take is that the feature is applicable to building an animation from small image files. It worked find here with 14 files each 172 x 50. (Taken from a deconstructed gif.)

But 4608 x 3456 is another matter. Add each file independently, using ADD FILES

Hi

Sounds like your PC is hanging for some reason. The round cursor is a Windows "processing" icon not a VP one.

For me Version 4.00 added a dozen 1280 x 720 jpgs to the sequence bin with no problem. After adjusting the frame duration (the sequence won't load if total time of the animation is less than 500 milleseconds), clicking "Import" loaded the sequence OK.

To check if the image size might have been a problem I have repeated this with 20 jpgs of 4608 x 3456 pixels (2.22 Mb each) and they also loaded OK. :unsure:

If your jpgs are sequentially named then set your default image duration to a suitable animation time in the Options menu (e.g. 0.1 or 0.4) and then block load (Shift select) the lot and drop them into the media list window. Then drag the lot (or add) them to the timeline. It should work.

Nat

Nat

Please note that "Add Image Sequence as Video" works different from "Add Files" (i.e. drag onto time line).

"Add Image Sequence as Video" adds each image as a single frame. It's design for making cartoon animations.

"Add Files" will make a video clip (3 seconds) with a still image.

I've tried both with 4608 x 3456 images and could not reproduce the hanging. I'd recommend reduce the image size to the output video resolution before add to VideoPad.

Best regards,