Vignette to video not to canvas

daorus

I opened fresh clean project and imported 720*304 video

As you see in manager it has traparent borders in icon

Is it possible to apply vignette not to canvas, but to video size, because now corners of vignette are out of sight after export?

PS. It would be great to have X and Y options for vignette + ability to animate them, and today I already posted a suggestion via your suggestion form. It is not an error, it is just a feature for placing vignette to the face of character, but not in the center

2i7y0s4.png

Hi

Vignette only works for the full 16:9 frame and is not effected by what the frame contains. :mellow: It's a bit limited as it is.

If you pull the width value to the top (0.5) and the strength value to the top (3.0) it's the closest you will get for your particular AR, but there wouldn't be any room for animating it---even if you could.

It would be nice to be able to add a vignette that could be reduced to just the centre of the frame.

However it is possible.......sort of....

Place your main clip on track 1

Add a black blank frame to the overlay track directly above this and then add a Round transition to the blank frame.

Move the red cursor along the sequence into the orange bar and stop when the the "vignette" in the preview appears of the size required for the height of your particular image size.

Left click the main clip and slide it along to the right of the cursor line...don't move the cursor line.

Now take a snapshot at the cursor position.

Delete the blank frame from the overlay track and replace it with the snapshot which should be a circular vignette of the correct height.

Replace you main clip beneath this.

Play the sequence, you should have a circular vignette.

You can make it oval by increasing the SCALE width effect.

e.g.

k9ejmt43ze.jpg

Note that TEST2, the main clip/image on track 1 has an AR the same as your own with the bars at the top and bottom.

Nat

It is a bit tricky but can be done:

1. Add a blank clip overlaying the cropped video.
  2. Apply "Transparent" to the blank clip and make it completely transparent.
  3. Apply "Vignette" to the blank clip
  4. Apply "Scale" to the blank clip. The scale value is the cropped size in percentage(i.e. Y2 - Y1 from the crop effect).

Best Regards,

It is a bit tricky but can be done:

1. Add a blank clip overlaying the cropped video.
  2. Apply "Transparent" to the blank clip and make it completely transparent.
  3. Apply "Vignette" to the blank clip
  4. Apply "Scale" to the blank clip. The scale value is the cropped size in percentage(i.e. Y2 - Y1 from the crop effect).

Best Regards,

Yes, this is the closest idea, but filnally we use the following solution

1) we take screenshot of 16:9

2) create black + transparent gradient as we needed with focus on what we need, not only center

3) save as PNG 32 bit (with alpha channel)

4) add to timeline over video

5) add Transparency effect and animate it

That's how it works for us now