Transition

yonargi1

I want one transition to be unique in my video. I want one picture to fade into another. That is, I want one picture and about half way through it, I want the next picture to come in and overwrite that picture w/o taking the first picture out. Can I do that? If so, how?

I want one picture and about half way through it, I want the next picture to come in and overwrite that picture w/o taking the first picture out.

Keyframing. http://nchsoftware.blogspot.com/2013/01/keyframing-and-more-videopad-300.html

Place the second image on a higher video track, which will override the image on the lower track.

Select (highlight) the higher track and click EFFECTS|MORE EFFECTS|OPACITY. Or click the yellow star at the start of the clip. When the effects window appears, click ADD EFFECT, then click on OPACITY.

(If the keyframe section isn't visible, click the green + sign.)

Create keyframes by clicking once for each, anywhere on the horizontal line. You are charting a plot. Manually move the scrubber or PLAY the clip to see the effect.

Here's a sample of what the plot would look like if the lower track video was fully masked by the upper track at the start, then about halfway through the lower track video appeared at about 50% opacity.

Hi

Alternatively...

Put clip 1 on the sequence line followed by clip2.

Click the small square ("Set Video transition") at the end of clip 1 and create a crossfade on clip 1 that has a duration of the length of clip 1. This means that it will start 1/2 way through clip 1 and extend the same distance into clip 2 (as shown by the orange transition bar that appears) Note: If clip 2 is shorter than clip 1 you may have to shorten the transition.

Now, left click on clip 1 to select it (goes blue)and grab the right hand end of the clip. (The cursor will change) Now drag the end of the clip back left until the guide line reaches the start of the orange transition bar.

Now left click on clip 2 to select it (goes blue) and grab the left end of clip 2. (Check that the clip remains blue)

Drag the end of clip 2 to the right now until the guide line reaches the right hand end of the orange transition bar.

Clip 1 will now dissolve into clip 2 starting halfway in and finish the same distance into clip 2

If the times are not exactly as you want you can easily drag the ends of the two clips left or right to adjust them. In version 3.xx of VP you can't alter the transition position

Nat