Clips Leave Pieces

yonargi1

HI

I am not clear what you mean when you say "Clips leave pieces throughout your video" What are you doing to the clips that you have on the sequence line to produce this effect and what version of VP are you using? Are you refering to different clips being placed on different video tracks?

Nat

I am using v. 2.41.

I just went back and watched one of my sequences. It is not now flickering. Perhaps the software takes care of that problem. Thank you for responding to my question anyway. I'm sure I'll have plenty of other questions before this movie is completed. :)

Hi

Glad to hear it's OK. I also mostly use 2.41 which, of course, only has 1 video track and an overlay track, as I find it renders and previews editing changes a lot faster than the latest version. Still, I'm not sure what your "flickering" effect might have been. :mellow:

If it comes back, post in with a bit more detail, someone will answer or give advice.That goes for any other questions. :)

Nat

I also have been having this problem. In the process of editing, for example, shortening a clip, I would late find a tiny bit ( a fraction of a second) of the clip left in place. It would be so small that I would be unable to grab it on the track to delete it. The only way I've been able to get rid of it is to delete the entire clip from the sequence, and then re-adding the original clip it back to the project.

In the process of editing, for example, shortening a clip, I would late find a tiny bit ( a fraction of a second) of the clip left in place. It would be so small that I would be unable to grab it on the track to delete it.

If editing a clip that's on the time line, try placing the pointer on the clip border (a two-headed arrow will appear) and dragging left or right as the situation dictates, instead of splitting near the cut point. That risks leaving small pieces behind.

Then, as needed, right-click and CLOSE GAP or RIPPLE.

Hi

"I found that if I bring the slider to the edge of a clip and EXPAND the timeline, I can see where I have left pieces of images where they don't belong. And if I simply delete these extra pieces, the problem goes away. "

This, of course works but it might be easier to remove tiny bits of clip that have been left after trimming a clip by simply switching into Storyboard mode when ALL clips, even TINY bits will show up as equally sized thumbnails. You can easily see the unwanted bit now and delete it (it's duration will also be shown so you won't mistake it amongst similar clips)

Nat